Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweight not plotting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
madcowscarnival
68280 Views, 4 Replies

Lineweight not plotting

I am trying to embolden lineweights to stand out on the drawing, without them getting in the way when viewing in the drawing.  I have set the lineweight in the layer dialogue box to the max size (2.xx mm), checked the "plot lineweights" in the printer dialogue and switched between none and grayscale (this is so the assigned colors will fade out in the background).  Nothing I have tried thus far has changed the print output on any of my printers (virtual PDF, HP2100, HP2600n, HP2840 they are all very old).  Any thoughts?  I have read through the lweight command and help sections, but I don't need help assigning the lw just getting it to properly print.

One possible problem: is the line weight relative to scale or is it absolute?  I am printing at 1/8" scale, and that can't change.  Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Are your objects set to BYLAYER for LWEIGHT? It would appear they are not.
Do you have LWEIGHT set to display on screen? Then you can see what you are doing too.
Is PLOT command set to handle/use line weight settings? Is it set to scale them too? Are your viewports set to a plot scale? Have you tried using plot style tables instead (after editing to get what you want)?
Your post is light on details about how far you tried to use the feature.
Message 3 of 5
madcowscarnival
in reply to: pendean

pendean, thanks it was the bylayer setting. 

The post was light on information because I have typically filled the need for lineweights with pwidth and know very little about plot command handling lineweights or plot tables (though it is something that I am trying to bring up to speed).  The last time I was up to speed on lineweight settings was assigning pens and colors on our old pace plotter with v14.

Message 4 of 5
lbeejtpo
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Here's a spin off this:

I have a layer in an xref.  I set the layer lineweight to the maximum.  All objects are set to lineweight bylayer.  LWDISPLAY is set to ON.  Plot object lineweights is on when I go to plot.  I am plotting with a .ctb for style, the color of the layer in question is 180.  Color180 is set in the plot style table to use object lineweight for lineweight.  The lineweight doesn't display and doesn't plot.  What could I be missing?

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: lbeejtpo

I'm of the opinion you should either use a plot style table, or LWEIGHT, never both. It's served me well for 28years of AutoCAD use.

One Place, one setting, all the time is the thinking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost