Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Issue Between Multiple Tabs

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
joeroscia
380 Views, 12 Replies

Linetype Issue Between Multiple Tabs

I have a drawing which has three tabs associated with it.  In each tab I have a hidden line and for it to show correctly I need to go through the viewport I have set up and regen the drawing and the hidden line appears the way it should.  I then go to the next tab and do the same thing and then onto the third tab.  When I go back to the previous tabs I need to do the same process again because the hidden linetypes now appear as continuous.  Any suggestions why I can't get these hidden lines to appear correctly and "stick?"

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: joeroscia

What is SHADEMODE set to inside each and every viewport?
Message 3 of 13
pendean

Oops, not done, also: what are MSLTSCALE and LTSCALE set to?
What is PSLTSCALE set to in each paperspace layout?
Are your viewports set to specific scales?
What is REGENMODE set to?

ABD... If you just did a REGENALL does that reset your layout tab without using your described process?
Message 4 of 13
joeroscia
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean, thanks for your response.

"Shademode" It doesn't appear like anything is set it has [2D wireframe Hidden].

"MSLTSCALE" Is set to 1

"LTSCALE" is set to 1

"PSLTSCALE" is set to 1

"REGENMODE" is set to 1

"REGENALL" does not impact how the drawing looks.

Please adive if I need to change any of the settings.  All the viewports are set at 20 scale.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 13

And REGENAUTO?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 6 of 13
joeroscia

REGENAUTO is an unknown command in AutoCAD LT....

Message 7 of 13

Sorry -- forgot it's not a command in LT, it's an environment variable. You can use SETENV, then enter REGENAUTO and set the value to ON.

But if REGENALL doesn't help, this might not either. Did you do as Dean suggested and check SHADEMODE in every viewport?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 8 of 13
joeroscia

I was able o set the value to "on" with the SETENV and then REGENAUTO.  However, I get he same results...the hidden linetype won't stick.  Yes, I did try Dean's suggestions.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
ScottHodges

In AutoCAD LT the command is regenmode

Message 10 of 13
pendean

Why do you have 'hidden' set inside the viewport?
Message 11 of 13
joeroscia

I'm not certain what you mean...  I have an object drawn with a hidden line.  This object is in a drawing that is xref'ed into another drawing where I need to regen constantly when I move from one tab to another for the hidden line to appear correctly.

Message 12 of 13
joeroscia
in reply to: ScottHodges

Regardless of what setting in regenmode it makes no difference-hidden line becomes continuous while switching between tabs.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

Time for you to post a DG file with the problem, but we need you to add notes to it first to point out where the problems are too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost