Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line That Goes n Goes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kthr331
243 Views, 3 Replies

Line That Goes n Goes

Running AutoCAD LT 2013. I'm going to draw a line on a 45 deg angle. The start point is clicked and I drag the line at the appx angle. Then I type <45 and Enter. Sometimes I get what I was hoping for, but often the line takes off on a 45 deg angle, but also goes 45 inches. I undo and try again - same thing. I undo and try again - this time it works right. So far I have not been able to determine if I do something differently from one time to the next. All ideas, suggestions, comments of what I am doing wrong will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kthr331

Can you type the exact sequence you use in LT and describe the clicks so we can all try and replicate?
Message 3 of 4
sthompson1021
in reply to: kthr331

Hi, are you by chance using right click for enter? I tried it a couple times and using right click, it would sometimes end the line at 45". Can't explain what the difference was in the click but it did it.

Message 4 of 4
kthr331
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thanks pendean & sthompson1021 for considering and responding to my post. When I wrote "The start point is clicked and I drag the line at the appx angle. Then I type <45 and Enter." I was absolutely sure that was exactly what I was doing, but to make sure I went back and tried it some more. I followed the same procedure as described and now it does nothing except what it is sposed to do. Just a couple months ago I updated from 2000 to 2013 and all along I would get the correct action in this procedure only every 3rd or 4th attempt. Now it's 100% to the good. I can't even find a way to make it misfire now. Apparently all I have to do is threaten my program with you guys and it straightens right up! Thanks. K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost