Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line End Style (Acad 2012).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
qfanatiq
676 Views, 6 Replies

Line End Style (Acad 2012).

I recall the Line End Style being handled in the Plot Style (.ctb/.stb) but is there anyway of just changing one (or more) lines independantly?

Cheers.....Q

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: qfanatiq

No: but what are you trying to achieve? Perhaps drawing it instead is the solution.

Message 3 of 7
qfanatiq
in reply to: pendean

I am drawing a thick line showing a movement joint line on a slab in plan. I do not really want to draw a pline and then fill in a dash/dot form. But at the same time, I am not keen on the rounded edge I get in the currentl plot table we are using.

I presume by this question, we are not able to alter the line end style independantly of the plot style then?

If I had Full Acad, can it be done there or some kind of lisp routine written for it? And if a possibility, would this translate into Acad LT for other users?

Cheers.....Q

Message 4 of 7
pendean

No, there is no 'lisp' or any other customization to overwrite what you have set in your plotstyle table: you need to draw the end style you want using something other than a single line.

Message 5 of 7
Nik-D
Message 6 of 7
qfanatiq
in reply to: Nik-D

Nik-D nice recall on that thread, as a result, I am looking at doing such a leader line with a SQ end to suit. A bit of a workaround, but something suitable in this instance I feel.

Kudos Given.

So, we learn we cannot yet overide the plot style in invidual lines (if we ever can, also have a Lock feature enabled by CAD Manager) but woudl be good to conisder.

Q

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Agreed, good wishlist item.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost