Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Export Request Failed

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
methodemalta
7018 Views, 20 Replies

License Export Request Failed

Hello

We have an AutoCAD LT 2012 License which i'm trying to export from one laptop to another. I had done an export successfully last year from laptop A and import to laptop B. Now i'm trying to export from laptop B and import to laptop C but am receiving the below error:

Export Request Failed

The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached, You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.

Try Again

Error Reference: 36

Is it possible to export the license a second time?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Denise

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
camilo.lemos
in reply to: methodemalta

Hi methodemalta, 

Could you please send me the request code you get when trying to activate the software on the new laptop that you wish to import the license to? Please, send it via private message here on the forums (click on my screenname camilo.lemos  and then on Send this Suer a Private Message), and I'll do the activation for you manually as there seem to be an issue with your program's export mechanism.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous

We have an AutoCAD LT 2010 License which i'm trying to export from one PC to another. we face below error

Export Request Failed

The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached, You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Try Again

Error Reference: 36

please advice, i called HelpDesk and they are closed ,

Message 4 of 21
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi nadiriar:

You can uninstall your Auto CAD LT 2010 from the current machine and re-install it to the new one. You can download AutoCAD LT 2010 through the following links:

AutoCAD LT 2010, 32 bit

AutoCAD LT 2010, 64 bit

The links are valid for 72 hours. 

Once you have re-installed, you can re-activate using the same serial number and product key.

If you encounter any activation issue, you may contact our Registration and Activation team directly.  

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

thank you for your reply,

but we only tried to export once and it gave the error 36 which means i dont know to which account the license is exported, if we uninstall / install and then try to import lincese would it work ?

Message 6 of 21
arlinpega.bibat

Dear nadiriar:

Please contact our Registration and Activation Team directly regarding your inquiry.  They would be able to provide you a direct answer to your inquiry. Or you can try and re-install first.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 7 of 21
Charles_Shade

You are allowed to export the license from one Seat of LT to another.

To move it to a third Seat of LT the license would need to be transferred back to the original machine (I believe) and then exported to be used on the third Seat of LT.

This license can only be used for one seat at one time, not multiple instances of LT.

This is not an ability to transfer to several other Seats of LT at once.

Message 8 of 21
gators63
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hello Charles_Shade,

I have already posted this question in detail o the Autodesk Community boards. So, I do apologize if this has already been answered. I have a stand alone, locked educational version of AutoCAD 2012 installed on my current, non-compliant Windows Vista computer - yuk. I just purchased a new Windows 7 computer that is AutoCAD 2012 compliant. 

I unsuccessfully tried using the License Utility Transfer (LUT) tool, and it gave this cryptic error message: the maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached. You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

If I uninstall AutoCAD 2012 on my current Windows Vista computer, and do a standard install on my new Windows 7 computer, will it really work? I know you can have a copy installed on a second computer (new computer) but the two cannot run at the same time. I'm a tad bit paranoid that if I delete it from my current Windows Vista computer, and I'm getting this LUT error message, I am risking the chance of never installing AutoCAD on either computer. 

I just need an Autodesk Expert Elite individual to give me a straight, correct answer, please!!!

Thanks, 

Darren

AutoCAD 2012 user

Montgomery College (www.montgomerycollege.edu) student

Message 9 of 21
Loz1977

Hi,

I have the same problem. I need to transfer my license from my computer and I get this message:

Export Request Failed

The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached. You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Try again

Error reference:36

Please can someone help.

Message 10 of 21
pendean
in reply to: Loz1977

You have to put back the license before you can check it out again: if you lost track of where and when then this tool is no longer valid for your use.

You will need to install the software on the other PCA and reauthorize it.
Message 11 of 21
Loz1977
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the license, I shouldn't need to put it back. I am currently using it on my PC.

Now I am going away from my desk to work on another computer and I just need to export the license that I have been using so that I can import it on the other computer.

The problem is that the LTU won't let me export my license, and I get that error message.

Strange isn't it?

Any more help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Message 12 of 21
pendean
in reply to: Loz1977

LTU says you have no more licenses to export.
To get LTU to issue a license, you need to put an exported license back.

In other words, you have (or someone has) already used LTU before you tried it. That's the problem.

LTU is not concerned about whether your AutoCAD is licensed by Autodesk or not, that's not it's job.

Hope that helps.
Message 13 of 21
stephen

I'll resurrect this old thread since I'm stuck with this issue now.

If one installs a product the license is stored on that computer.  A user should be able to export a license back to autodesk to move it to another computer. That is the suposed to be entire point of the system, to have an option to move a license without the trouble of a phone call.

The servers are generally wrong/useless in this regard.  I"m in the process of upgrading a pc and deactivating all my licenses etc.  The only company that makes this non functional/inconvenient is Autodesk.

"Export Request Failed

The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached. You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request. "

No.  The number of exports of this license is zero.  I've installed it once and now wish to move the license.   Your DRM is intrusive and annoying.  Every other company us able to do this better than Autodesk.

Your license system is bad and you should feel bad!

Message 14 of 21
pendean
in reply to: stephen

We are all end users just like you around here: if you want to provide feedback to Autodesk then click on any CONTACT US link on any Autodesk webpage, look for the feedback link, and do so.

Whether you think you exported no licenses or not, their system seems to think otherwise sadly: is this intended to be a permanent move, or are you trying to "work from home/laptop" or something like that?
Message 15 of 21
stephen

I appreciate the people helping here are end users and mean no disrespect to you any of them.  This is the top google result for license export request failures and seems like a nice place to visibly complain about their system.

I understand that their server thinks I've got a version exported.. that is half the problem with it. The user experience even for subscribers is unfriendly. There is no website to check the exact status of my licenses.  There has been no export from this pc.. that would have left my license disabled.

In my case it was a matter of trying to secure them before upgrading the same system to windows 10.  I eventually gave up and did the upgrade figuring calling them after a failure (in the event something went wrong)  was the same amount of work as calling them before.

I've got a backlog of several years worth of sofware on this pc. I dont' believe I'll need the 2012-2013-2014-2015 versions again but I like knowing that I have a license if I need it to remain compatible with a client of some kind.   Autodesk tends to only release licenses to past versions almost begrudgingly and only to the most versions they wish to continue activating.

I recall needing a copy of 2009 recently and it being too much of a hassle to get working.  If I'd carefully maintained my copy of 2009 over time and not lost track of that license due to something like this it would have been painless.

Autodesk begrudgingly continue to support perpetual licenses.. for now.  Who knows when they will decide to change this policy though. Knowing the expensive licenses I've purchased are easy to manage would provide me with some peace of mind.  

Autodesk want to be like Adobe without actually becoming convenient like Adobe. 

Message 16 of 21
pendean
in reply to: stephen

"...if you want to provide feedback to Autodesk then click on any CONTACT US link on any Autodesk webpage, look for the feedback link, and do so..."

If you purchase an active subscription, you get "...website to check the exact status of my license...". Your subscription purchase options are: http://www.autodesk.com/support-offerings/overview

BTW, Perpetual licenses go away after January 31, 2016, join the discussion here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/perpetual-license-changes/bd-p/2015
Message 17 of 21

hi 

Message 18 of 21

@omerfarukelmaci1

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Hi back..  Do you have an issue?  IF so please describe it in order to obtain assistances.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 21
thoffland
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi All,

One of our users has a new computer and we would like to transfer the Autocad LT 2013 license to that machine.

However it's saying that the maximum number of exports have been reached (same error as mentioned above) I don't doubt that it's been transferred before, but I'd like to be sure that if I uninstall it from the current machine, that it will still install on the new one. 

Can anyone confirm that uninstalling / re-installing will work even though I'm getting this error message? Anything else I should be aware of? 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 20 of 21
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: thoffland

@thoffland

When you reach max license export or max activation limit, it means you have to contact Autodesk and have this resolved.  Uninstalling perpetual software from a given machine will not resolve the issue.

AUTODESK LICENSING & ACTIVATION TEAM CONTACT INFO

• Ask AVA (Autodesk Virtual Agent) in English: Online

• Phone: (866) 681-4359

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report