Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthen a Line

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
David Charles
343 Views, 4 Replies

Lengthen a Line

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2007, but have disabled the 2007, 2006, and 2005 capabilities. So this is a 2004 question . . .

I'd like to be able to grab the handle at the end of a line that is at any orientation, drag the handle to lengthen or shorten it, but have AutoCAD restrict the movement of the handle so that when I drag it, the path will follow only the orientation of the line. (kind of like when you enable ORTHO, and the input is restricted).

I know how to lengthen or shorten a line, but am looking for a way to do it quickly and with some visual feedback.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David Charles

Not sure what your smoking, but.... ;) LENGTHEN command is one option. Another is STRETCH command. Another is grips editing, were you select the line, then click on the grip end on the line you want to lengthen (or shorten), then while dragging in the direction you want, you simply enter the units by which you want the end of the line to change. Your cursor has to be aligned with the angle of the line (SNAPANG is the command), and ORTHO does need to be on. All the above is described in HELP in AutoCAD/LT: words in all caps above are the commands you can look up, grips editing is described all over the place but you can find it. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, Dean.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You only have AutoCAD 2007?? I have AutoCAD 2025, you need to upgrade my friend ;) "David Charles" wrote in message news:27429882.1081720719336.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm using AutoCAD LT 2007, but have disabled the 2007, 2006, and 2005 capabilities. So this is a 2004 question . . . > > I'd like to be able to grab the handle at the end of a line that is at any orientation, drag the handle to lengthen or shorten it, but have AutoCAD restrict the movement of the handle so that when I drag it, the path will follow only the orientation of the line. (kind of like when you enable ORTHO, and the input is restricted). > > I know how to lengthen or shorten a line, but am looking for a way to do it quickly and with some visual feedback. > > Is there a way to do this? > > Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You can't have ACAD2025. It only comes in Indian language version!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost