Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaders Not Aligned Properly

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
chrisclocher
935 Views, 18 Replies

Leaders Not Aligned Properly

2 screen shots of the same drawing, opened on 2 different computers.  Please help me fix this.  It's very annoying.  As you can see, it only misaligns about half of the leaders.

Misaligned

Misaligned Leader

Correct

Correct Leaders

I tried dimassoc, but that did nothing.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

What is different about the two computers?

Same Font file? Yo may need to delete from the bad one and then install form the good one.

Same Leader Style for both systems? Or MLeader

Message 3 of 19
chrisclocher
in reply to: chrisclocher

Sorry, I should have mentioned that all of the leaders and text were created using "mleader".  All compuers have the correct font, and it is a standard autocad font.

Message 4 of 19

The leader styles are not system dependent, they are drawing dependent, so if if they were incorrect, then it would be incorrect for all machines, however,the drawing open fine in all other machines.  We have opened about 10 drawings on this one computer, and roghly 1/2 of all leaders in all drawings have the issue.  It must be a system setting.

I just noticed it only seems to happen on leaders that come off of the right side of the text, but like I said, not every time.

Message 5 of 19

Have you tried a REGEN?

Wondering if it just an Open hangup.

Message 6 of 19
chrisclocher

Regen would have been great, but no, it did not work.  The only thing I can really think of is uninstalling and reinstalling, and hoping that does it.

Message 7 of 19

This does not seem like an installation issue.

Message 8 of 19
pendean

Your chosen method of attaching images sadly does nothing for true observation of the differences: how about trying again and using the ATTACHMENTS link below the reply box where you type a reply and include full screensize captures?

It looks like you use the "extend" leader option in MLEADER, which on occasion will move the landing: is that your problem, the landing moved away from the text? Again, I'm having to squint to see these.

Message 9 of 19
chrisclocher
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, I attached them as medium size as I thought it was pretty clear.  I am not familiar with the extend option under mleader.  Yes, the landing gap becomes huge on SOME leaders (only on right side of text).  When I look at the properties of a correct mleader and a misaligned one, they both list the landing gap as being the same, even though visually they are verry differnet.  We typically just click on the mleader button, draw a leader and text, the click on the "+" button to add additional leaders as required.

The "Copper Gutter" note is a prime example of what is happening.

Message 10 of 19
pendean

MLEADERSTYLE command

select your active or preferred mleader style then tap the MODIFY button

CONTENT tab, botom of that tab, the option is EXTEND LEADER TO TEXT.

When that option is selected, your 'issue' presents itself all the time here: turn it off, then fix all your MLEADERs manually with PROPERTIES (to turn that feature off) after pull them to the right to snap back. Sometimes you will have to simply recreate the Mleader.

I keep that feature turned off all the time here, stopped getting your issue.

Message 11 of 19
chrisclocher

The Extend option was/is not checked.

Message 12 of 19
pendean

Can you share a DWG sample that exhibits this problem? Something we can replicate here?

Message 13 of 19
chrisclocher

Well that's the thing, it appears fine on all but one computer, so I dont know if it will work, but it's worth a try.  I have noticed a pattern with the misalignment that I have highlighted in the attachemnt.  The misalignment distance is directly related to the distance between the left text pick point, and the left most leftter in the text.  I hope the attachemnt is clear, it's very tricky to explain.

Message 14 of 19
chrisclocher

It's solved.  The computer that was giving issues had never been updated.  once we realised this, we installed SP 1 & SP1.1, and the issue is gone.  Thanks for all of your time.

Message 15 of 19
pendean

you appear to be using a custom SHX font in your Mleader styles: perhaps the one PC doesn't have th3e exact identical version everyone else is? You also don't seem to be assigning a horizontal landing (unusual, may not be the cause and acts differently from what I usually see).

Message 16 of 19
chrisclocher

We do not include auto landings, we just make the first pick point horizontal, as we always adjust the landing length and it was easier this way.  The shx font is "archstyl", which i thought was standard.  If it's not, then I dont know how it got on the new machine, becuase it is working fine now that it's updated to SP 1.1.

Message 17 of 19

Hmm, glad you found the answer. First question was what was different in the two computers.
It is always amazing what may be.
Message 18 of 19

The new one is 64 bit, where the others were 32 bit, other than that, the new computer is a year newer than the other 5, so bascially all the specs are different.  I did some research, and someone had the same issue in using Autodesk Civil 2012, and asomeone mentioned it was a known glitch. 

Message 19 of 19
pendean

Glad you found a fix, as weird as it appears 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost