Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BillilesterKing
245 Views, 8 Replies

Layers

Is it possible for me to be able to view only the layer i am currently using in my drawing out of all that are availabe.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: BillilesterKing

Welcome to the Forums

Yes. There are many ways. One is called LAYISO.

Type that at the command line. Select an object which is on the layer you want to view. Right click and choose ENTER. You will only see the objects on that layer.

To get your other layers to show again at the command line type LAYUNISO

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 9
BillilesterKing
in reply to: hwalker

Is there a way to only see the layers in use in the layer properties manager
Message 4 of 9
hwalker

Yes

Open up the Layers dialog box. To the left you should see a narrow panel with FILTERS written at the top.

The first item down is ALL

The second item is ALL USED LAYERS. Choose this one, and any layers which are not used will disappear from view (they will still exist in the drawing though)

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 9

Is their a way that I can lock my viewport so I can not double click and enter into it

Billilester King | Public Infrastructure | Olsson Associates
601 P Street, Suite 200 | Lincoln, NE 68508 | bking@olssonassociates.com
TEL 402.474.6311 | DIR 402.458.5048 | FAX 402.474.5160

[Description: Description: 1-Olsson-Color-Logo][Description: Description: facebook] [Description: Description: twitter] [Description: Description: linkedin]

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 6 of 9

You can lock the display of your viewport so you can't pan or zoom in it by clicking on the viewport and locking it thru the properties panel. I don't know of anyway to lock it so you can't enter model space.

Message 7 of 9

One of my coworkers heard about it but didn't get the note down in a training meeting which has passed, so I was wondering if anyone had heard of this as well

Billilester King | Public Infrastructure | Olsson Associates
601 P Street, Suite 200 | Lincoln, NE 68508 | bking@olssonassociates.com
TEL 402.474.6311 | DIR 402.458.5048 | FAX 402.474.5160

[Description: Description: 1-Olsson-Color-Logo][Description: Description: facebook] [Description: Description: twitter] [Description: Description: linkedin]

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 8 of 9
pendean
Message 9 of 9
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

I'll have to remember that for the next time one of my coworkers annoys me to much and leaves thier computer unlockedSmiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost