Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layers and greyscale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sphipps
287 Views, 6 Replies

layers and greyscale

iv been given a dwg with multiple layers on all in different colors. i would like to grey scale them and place our own modifications on a differnet layer with color how do i do this please. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: sphipps

I presume you are talking about printed output and not necessarily what it looks like on screen.

If so, you could use a monochrome plot style, and then add your own modifications using truecolors (as opposed to the ACI colors 1-255). That is unless the drawing already contains layers/entities with assigned truecolors, then you would have to assign an ACI color to them also.

You could also start a new empty drawing, xref in the one you've received, set all of the xref layer colors to various shades of grey, then do your drawing in the empty base on top of the xref.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
sphipps
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi
I've tried to do your second suggestion because i don't understand the first. When I changed all the xref colours some of the colours are still there.
Message 4 of 7
rkmcswain

That could be because some entities in the xref drawing have a color assigned to them instead of being set to "bylayer".

Message 5 of 7
sphipps

Unfortunately they are all in different blocks and it would take forever to go through each one. Is there a way to do all of it at once?
Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

You could run the SETBYLAYER command on everything in the xref drawing and be sure to answer "Y" to the "Include Blocks" prompt.
Message 7 of 7
sphipps

Thanks I think I've got it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost