Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Toolbar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
moe4082
2102 Views, 5 Replies

Layer Toolbar

I have been having problems using my layer toolbar dropdown menu.  My drop down bar will show the current layer or the current layer and the layer of a selected object.  I need to open the Layer Properties Manager in order to turn on/off or freeze/thaw other layers.  It seems to happen the most when I have external references loaded into the drawing.

Also, the Layer Properties Manager has a few quirks.  If I create a new layer, it will not record changes to the layer color, linetype, etc on the first try.  I can make these changes, but when I close the Layer Properties box, all of the changes are lost.  I need to reopen the Layer Properties Manager and make the changes again.

The Layer Properties Manager also seems to have a glitch where it will deselect from the manager back to the drawing without a mouse click.  Also, when I click once on an external reference layer to select, it tells me I cannot modify this layer.  I would assume this would pop up if it were a double click action for modification, but it does this after a single click. 

It seems that there are some major glitches with the Layer Properties Manager.  Anyone out there having similar problems or solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: moe4082

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Sounds like you turned on a filter in the LAYER palette: what you set there shows up everywhere else usually.

As for the rest of it, you are using the LAYER palette, when it sounds like you need to use only the pop-up from CLASSICLAYER command instead: the palette is always on, always watching what you do, sucking up resources and actively updating. You can turn some of the activity off, but to stop it you must close the palette (not minimize it).

Turn off the palette, start using the other older pop-up, see if many of your problems go away (after you find and turn off the layer filter you have running of course).

Message 4 of 6
moe4082

It seems like the Layers Palette is causing the problem.  Every time I open a drawing, there are unreconciled layers.  Once I open the Layer Palette and reconcile the layers, that is when I have the issue of only having the current layer selected from the drop down menu.  I then need use classiclayer command and highlight All in the filter tree on the left hand side and hit OK.  That seems to override the layer palette function and show all layers. 

I tried to select All in the palette filter tree but that does not solve the issue with the dropdown menu.  Seems to be a major glitch in the layer palette.

I typically close the palette when I am not working with it so it does not run in the background.

Message 5 of 6
moe4082
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am running 2012 LT.  I have SP2 installed and it is fully patched.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

>>>...Every time I open a drawing, there are unreconciled layers...<<<
That's a setting you have turned on, turn it off if you don't need it: look up LAYEREVALCTL command, as well as LAYEREVAL and LAYERNOTIFY commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost