Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Manager

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2055 Views, 14 Replies

Layer Manager

About three weeks ago, my layer manager stopped working. When I click on the icon nothing happens. Nothing had changed with my computer when this started. Since then I have done a clean install of my AutoCAD products and it still does not work. I also installed LT both with and without Norton anti-virus running. I also un-installed the .net programs and it still did not work. Do you have any suggestions for me to try, as I am at my wits end. Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Might be off screen: increase Windows resolution and see.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestion, but that did not work. I am still open for suggestions.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I am having the same problem! When I click layer manager it does nothing except gray out everything else until I hit escape. Somebody help please!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Several years ago we were running LT05 when all the problems with Layer filters starting appearing in the discussion groups, my layer manager took about 11 minutes to open because there was about 3000 filters in the drawing.

This could be your problem. When your start autocad and you have a blank drawing open, try opening the layer manager to see if it works.

Hope that hepls.
Message 6 of 15
Haugland

We've got exactly the same problem on two of our lt 2006 machines!! Did you ever find a solution??
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

I have tried these suggestions without luck. Thanks for trying and if anybody else has suggestions, I am still open to try.
Message 8 of 15
treedude2525

From a BLANK drawing, turn "Apply to layers toolbar" OFF in Layer Manager (clear the check).

We 1st noticed this in LT 2004. I now have 2007 and it has the same prob. but if I keep "Apply to layers toolbar" off, ithe problem is minimized. Once in a while, I will get a message that there are too many layer filters and AutoCAD is deleting all the filters. Since we don't use the filters anyway, it isn't much of a problem.

If your dwgs have 1000's of layers that you're not actually using, you might want to PURGE the drawings, just for GP.

Peace,
- Sequoia
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

I actually might have solved my own problem (by mistake). I opened a different template to start a new drawing and it worked. Then I made the changes to the template and saved it over my original acadlt.dwt.

Can't believe something so easy fixed it.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS.
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

I am having problems related to this issue as well. The "Layer Properties Manager" will not open at all. It stopped working March 2007 on our AutoCAD 2006LT (using WinXP-Pro-sp2). Neither the toolbar button nor any of the "Command Line" commands will open the control box, but the "-layer" will still work within the command line. The calculator has also stopped functioning, and anything relating to the "customize user interface" can also not be accessed.

The following has been done/tried:
The Layer Properties Manager control box will not open no matter how long you wait.
The Layer Properties Manager control box is not located somewhere off-screen (alt+spacebar).
There are only two layer filters.
There are <100 layers in the drawings.
LPM control box in the single layer template drawings will not work either, no matter which template is opened first at program launch.
All Microsoft .NET Framework versions were uninstalled, and only 1.1 was reinstalled.
AutoCAD2006LT was reinstalled.
AutoCAD2006LT has been fully updated and patched.
All search and support file pathways and locations were checked and verified.
Windows logged-in profile has full administative priviledges.

The Layer Properties Manager control box will still not open!
CUI and QuickCalc are still not responding !

The only solution that has worked, has been to create a new Windows user logon profile with full administrative priviledges, and AutoCAD works like normal again. I should not have had to do this though, and would still like to have a solution within current user profiles.

Thank you,
Benny
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

if you had 2 monitors hooked up to the computer at one time and then switched back you probably had all the items you are missing located on the second monitor. The only way I know to fix it is to hook back up a second monitor, or reinstall autocad and start over. (I think it would be easier to hook back up the second monitor.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

REGEDIT

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.0\ACAD-5001:409\Profiles\xxxxYOUR-PROFILE-NAMExxx\Dialogs\LayerDialog]

That's for aCAD 2008. A couple of the numbers may differ (and your profile name, of course - look it up in tools -> options) but that's where it is. change the Bounds key. I used 10,10,500,500.

Your profile file is a text file and has the references to these keys. The file is xxxxx.arg. Open it in a text editor and search it. You'll find all sorts of things to mess up in that registry branch.

Go nuts

:) CAD bloke
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

test
wrote in message news:5587412@discussion.autodesk.com...
REGEDIT

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.0\ACAD-5001:409\Profiles\xxxxYOUR-PROFILE-NAMExxx\Dialogs\LayerDialog]

That's for aCAD 2008. A couple of the numbers may differ (and your profile
name, of course - look it up in tools -> options) but that's where it is.
change the Bounds key. I used 10,10,500,500.

Your profile file is a text file and has the references to these keys. The
file is xxxxx.arg. Open it in a text editor and search it. You'll find all
sorts of things to mess up in that registry branch.

Go nuts

:) CAD bloke
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

I had that problem too. Recently I changed to a new work-station and put my second monitor on the right side. It had previously been on the left side. After living with the problem for several days, I found this Discussion tool and after reading some of the messages below, I went to Control Panel, Display, Settings and moved my second monitor back to the left side. THERE WAS MY MISSING LAYERS WINDOW!

Good luck and thank you all for the help.
Message 15 of 15
aeci801

I had same problem with Layer Manager not opening using two monitors, except that my monitors are stacked vertically. Swapped them in Control Panel, Display, and now life is good--Layer Manager works again.
Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost