Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Manager Mysterious error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ianharvey_1
331 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Manager Mysterious error

Hey Guys, I (and others) have been having problems with our layer manager "crashing" I guess you'd say, it doesnt happen everytime, but it does happen often.

Basically when i open layer manager all the layers are "gone" but if you click anywhere you can see they're visibility is just sort of switched off. Ive attached a screenshot so if anyone can assist me with this, that would be awesome.

p.s. yes classiclayer works fine, but its more cumbersome and i dont really want to use that if i can fix my usual layer manager.

Ive also toggled with windows display settings cranking down the graphics (as i thought i had read somewhere that might work) but it didnt help either.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ianharvey_1

Unless it happens everytime it might just be something in the file that is wrong, assuming yout LT version is fully updated and running in a supported OS.

The palette version you speak of polls your file constantly, reads everything and scans the file always while it's up (evern when minimized): the 'classic' does not do that.

If you are running a current version of LT you could try resetting it to see if that helps (or a reinstall).
Message 3 of 4
ianharvey_1
in reply to: pendean

no its not the files as it's happening to multiple users across a multitude of files, our version is LT 2015 and fully updated (it was happening with the 2013 version as well) running on windows 7 professional, ive tried a reinstall but that didnt fix anything. my instincts are telling me its a graphical error but i dont know what i can change to fix this issue 

Message 4 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: ianharvey_1

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

A few ideas :

1) Have you tried to run WITH and WITHOUT Graphic Hardware Acceleration ?

Does it make some difference ?

2) Are you using Layername and/or Filename (XREFs) with special characters ?

Because when using only A-Z , 0-9 , _ , - characters , it's much better !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost