Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer controls

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gcbouv
252 Views, 5 Replies

Layer controls

Is there a method to set a password on a particular layer to prevent it from being unlocked, unfrozen, or otherwise being made visible once hidden ?  Thanks.

Greg B.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sthompson1021
in reply to: gcbouv

Not sure if cadlock can do layers or not. If you don't have it or want to buy it, a workaround would be to copy the layer to another drawing then xref it in when you need to use it.

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Nope.

May I ask what the intent of a locked/unseen layer is to you? Perhaps there is another option.

Message 4 of 6
gcbouv

I have outside contract assemblers that want to add manufacturing info to native drawing files that I do not want visible to anyone else.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

The "info" you need to mask can be Attributes set to be hidden inside blocks. Or just plain Attributes on layers you can freeze and turn off.

Otherwise, you can't lock layers (or blocks, or attributes or text), but you can set these blocks with hidden attributes to Not Explode (until a user changes the setting in BLOCK command).

Message 6 of 6
heinsite

If you don't want your information visible to outside parties it may be best to simply not include it to them in the first place.  One way or another you're going to have more work, so I would suggest you write proprietary data out (WBLOCK) as a separate file before sending your stuff out.  When you want to reassemble the original just bring it back in.

No one can possibly change what isn't there to begin with.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost