Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch PDF Reader with AutoCAD LT

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
KateMorricalTowne
906 Views, 7 Replies

Launch PDF Reader with AutoCAD LT

There *is* a command you can use to launch PDF documents from a button in AutoCAD LT, isn't there? (I do mean "open", in Acrobat Reader or equivalent.)

I know there used to be one, because I have macros that used START to open a PDF file. However, they were built for AutoCAD LT 2007, and START is not a known command in AutoCAD LT 2010.

(This is embarassing for two reasons. First, I wrote the darn thing! Why can't I remember how I did it? And second...this icon should launch the CAD manual....and no one but me has noticed that it's broken. Smiley Sad)

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Johneng
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Does the ai_STARTAPP Command work for you?

For example

^C^Cai_startapp;"c:/users/John/Documents/AOSRE50300[1].PDF"

Don't forget to use / (slash) instead of \ (backslash) when specifying the path because as you know backslash is used for wait for user input in macros.

Message 3 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Johneng

Missed it by 9-minutes 😞

_ai_startapp is what I use.

Message 4 of 8
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: Johneng

Bingo! But was START ever a valid option? I've been trying to find out, but "START AutoCAD LT command" doesn't exactly generate good search results. 🙂 I seem to remember some sort of switch, but so much has happened between now and when I first wrote the macro that it might as well have been done by somebody else.

--
Kate Morrical
BIMmuse.com
Message 5 of 8

An LT Unlimited tip; I believe, from a couple years ago:

"Macro revisioning to newer platforms may require that ^R be added to the beginning of the Macro."

(Tough this has nothing to do wih the needed Command. Smiley Wink)

Message 6 of 8

Admittedly I didn't try that one. 🙂

--
Kate Morrical
BIMmuse.com
Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Are you thinking of the START entry in the PGP file? LT OOTB has no entries for it but AutoCAD does.
Message 8 of 8
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: pendean

Ah yes, entirely possible. At any rate it's close enough to put it in the "solved" category...thanks.

--
Kate Morrical
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost