Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky conflict

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
717 Views, 1 Reply

Kaspersky conflict

We are running AutoCAD LT 2002 on windows 2000 machines, we have just installed Kaspersky Anti-virus 5.0 Business Optimal and found that it appears to conflict with AutoCAD.
The result seems to be that AutoCAD will work fine for about 5 minutes and then freeze, then proceed to produce a window titled 'AutoCAD Error Aborting' stating 'INTERNAL ERROR: GEDIT 3', it then goes on to allow me to save up to the last command if I wish and finally tells me that AutoCAD is aborting before closing AutoCAD.

Further investigation of in Windows Event viewer system log shows an error, event ID 6004 stating that 'A driver packet received from the I/O subsystem was invalid. The data is the packet'.

A search on Microsoft's website indicated that this maybe a driver fault.

Any help would be appreciated since it appears to happen on all 6 of the machines we have both pieces of software running on at the moment.

Regards

Mark
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My experience: One fix for gedit3 errors is to remove the culprit software conflict (you seem to have identified it), reformatting the HD and reinstalling all software (except for you know what). Other fix is to upgrade LT2002. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost