Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jumping dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
473 Views, 5 Replies

jumping dimensions

My employer recently upgraded from LT 2002 to LT 2006. I have a recurring problem with my dimensions in paper space. They often don't stay where I put them! It happens usually upon starting the program, but it will also occur when moving from model space to paper space. Sometimes, however, moving from paper to model and back to paper space will correct SOME of the jumped dimensions. My dimensions are associative. This is very frustrating after spending so much time completing the drawings. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is DIMASSOC set to 2?
Are you using Osnaps to snap to items in your viewport?

Both are required.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, DIMASSOC is set to 2 and I always use OSNAPS for dimensioning in paper space. There is no logic to where the dimensions move. They move in any direction; often off the paper entirely, and others may only move 1/16" or less. The moving dimensions are not necessarily related to objects I have modified in model space, but that most often is the case.
Message 4 of 6
djewell

I would dimension the part in model space. Message was edited by: djewell
Message 5 of 6
ronjon322

I'm having the same problem in acad 2011. Have you found a solution?

Ronnie

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ronjon322

Are you dimensioning in paperspace? If yes, are you locking your viewports and freezing/locking the layer they are on? Do you edit the modelspace content by clicking on the MODEL tab or by double-clicking the viewport edge?

Do you use Annotative dimstyles and text styles?

Can you repeat in ALL drawings, even if you started a new one?

Do they move when you start LT/open the file, or while you are in it doing other things?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost