Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG Map grid to an Acre scale.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
976 Views, 4 Replies

JPEG Map grid to an Acre scale.

I have a JPEG map with 3 horizonal lines and 7 vertical lines each grid box equals 160 acres. My boss would like me to show him to scale what 80 acres would look like? Included JPEG map in attachments. Working with Autocad 2014 LT. Appreciate any feed back and ideas. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Whether you manually draw over the grid or are able to convert it into AutoCAD Line [or Xline] entities, and assuming you still want a square grid, you can take such a grid and Scale it down, dividing the size by the square root of 2 or multiplying it by the square root of 1/2, i.e. a Scale command with a factor of 0.707107.  Pick a base point for the Scaling based on whatever criteria you choose -- maybe at one of the current grid intersection points.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

OK so I over lay my map(JPEG Image) on my map layer Then I trace my grid lines in place 7 vertical and 3 horizonal. Then I setup another layer called acres layer. Then I go to my measure function select area and show my area to measure. Sorry I have been working with Autocad for a month now and have learned the basics( enough to be dangerous). I know that the whole square grid should show 160 acres. How can I show to scale that half of the area on the square grid is 80 acres. I know I can scale something larger or smaller and not affect the actual measurement of the area shown.

Message 4 of 5
gccdesign
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe check out the answer I gave in

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/book/td-p/5400105

You can draw your lines in Autocad to the correct scale (acres or whatever) and scale your jpg to match.

GChapp

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank You for the tips and tricks and sharing of your experience and Knowledge. Yes by taking a simple square and scaling that I was able to move on to use layers and laying out my vertical and horizonal lines and select them all and scale to finally what I needed a square to equal 160 acres. Thanks again for taking your time to help and support others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost