Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items missing from drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
364 Views, 5 Replies

Items missing from drawing

I created a drawing, saved it, and days later most lines have dissapear. At preview you can see the drawing is complete, but when you open it is incomplete. Checked the BAK file, same thing, and there are no layers shut down. What can I do to recover my drawing? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums.

Search your computer with any files with the extension .SV$ this are files that Autocad automatically saves. You can open these files by just changing the extension to .DWG

Also search your computer for the file, does it find it in more than 1 location? If it does open up the file which has the latest date and see if the work you have done is there,

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for responding, I just cheked and there is nothing. Also checked under automatic save .ac$ and there were files but not that one. File is in 1 location. What I cant understand is why at preview I can see drawing is complete, but when opened is incomplete.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Preview is nothing more than a snapshot of the last save. It is not an indication of file content.

One more place to try: From the Windows Start menu in the Search Programs and Files dialog type %TEMP% and see if a copy of your file is in this temp folder.

And you say most lines have dissappeared which suggests there is content. Can you post the file?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Are you missing an XREF file? A block? Or XREF layers that got turned off/frozen?
Or have a frozen or OFF layer in the top file?

Content doesn't go missing if there was no crash or other error when you last saved: dig deeper.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you so much for the information, I was able to recover one from TEMP that was not 100% but a lot better. Thank you for your help!

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost