Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Printing DWGs that have PDFs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mlsteel2
286 Views, 4 Replies

Issues Printing DWGs that have PDFs

I am currently using AutoCAD LT 2011. I have imported PDF files for spec sheets for the guys in the field. I have laid them out in model space and organized them on seperate paper layouts in the order that I want to print them. When I try and print them on the plotter, it rolls out about 5 in. of paper and cuts it. I've exported each paper space ;ayout to a PDF and tried printing them. Most of the title block and border do not show up.

I've been messing around with different settings, converted the PDFs to images, and not having much luck. I need help before I use up all the paper in the office. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: mlsteel2

What are you plotting to? plot parameters? and what driver are you using? Seems to work if you plot to PDF as you wrote, correct?

As a test, if you plotted to the same device but a much smaller sheet size (start with letter size, and scale "to fit" so that the entire sheet fits), does it work? If yes, go up to the next sheet size (tabloid), does it work? Then the next size up and so on until it chokes: if this test works, your plotter simply ran out of memory to plot what you want.

Message 3 of 5
mlsteel2
in reply to: pendean

It's printed fine as a DWG on other printers with smaller mediums (8.5x11 & 11x17). I did notice that the plotter said that it had ran out of memory. That has to be the issue. I'm new to all these plotting issues. How do I get more memory?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Some plotters let you add RAM.

Other plotters let you add a harddrive.

Some drivers let you use a PC's RAM and not the plotter's RAM to process a file.

Only your plotter's user guide and that manufacturer's tech support can help you there: if you want to post all the information I inquired about in my first reply, maybe someone around here with the same equipment can jump in and help while you investigate your plotter.

Message 5 of 5
mlsteel2

Got it! had to send the job to the plotter as a bitmap. Seems to printing fine. Thanks for the info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost