Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric Circles in LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lrlandusky
645 Views, 3 Replies

Isometric Circles in LT

I just read a handy tip from Kate Morrical's blog (from 2009......yes, 3 years ago), LT Unlimited, about how to create circles when you are drawing in isometric views.  You can use the Elipse command and type i (for Isocircle).  You specify the center of the circle and it defaults to a radius or you can switch to diamter (just like a regular circle).  Presto, a circle in an isometric view!  I'm not sure how long this feature has been around, but WOW, what a handy tool.

I created a couple of buttons to toggle between standard and ismetric snap grid styles (for rectangular and isometric respectively):

^C^C'snap;s;s;;;OFF;

^C^C'snap;s;i;;;OFF;

Also, you can toggle between isometric views using the F5 key on your keyboard for isoplanes top, left, and right.

I subscribed to Kate's blog today as I'm sure I've missing several helpful tips (http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/).  I hope you all find these things as handy as I have!  Check out Dean's blog while you are at it - the dude knows his CAD (http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/)!!

-Lance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kate_LT
in reply to: lrlandusky

Thanks Lance. 🙂

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 3 of 4
bgingerich
in reply to: lrlandusky

I use this macro to toggle the snap style.  System variables and diesel are really nice!

'_snapstyl $M=$(-,1,$(getvar,snapstyl))

For me it's worth it to find a way to toggle instead of taking up screen space with two buttons.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 4
lrlandusky
in reply to: bgingerich

Nice addition!  I plopped that macro into a shortcut key and now have quick access to the different styles.  Thanks for sharing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost