Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008 - isolate layers won't unisolate

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
rogerleonard
23692 Views, 32 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008 - isolate layers won't unisolate

When I isolate a layer or turn off a layer from the icon command, it works. When I hit the icon for "turn on all layers" to get back, the layers that were isolated or turned off remain ghosted and the work I did is lost since I have to hit undue to get all my layers back on...? This was not a problem in AutoCAD 2000 I used for years before getiing LT 2008.

[The subject line of this post has been edited for better findability by @handjonathan Original: isolate layers won't unisolate ]

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
james.mcm
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks CADffm for looking at this, but I do actually need xref layer vp-freezed in the layout. I use that when I have two viewports in the layout that need to have different layers shown. Until Autodesk addresses the bug, We'll have to keep working around this issue.

Message 22 of 33
cadffm
in reply to: james.mcm

" but I do actually need xref layer vp-freezed in the layout",
No thats wrong or that is not what i talked about.

Each viewport AND EACH LAYOUT(PSPACE!) have there own VP-Freeze property(for each layer).

I talked about vp-freeze of xref-Layers in your paperspace!
And thats why i exclude your layer "APPROVAL STAMP", because this layer is set to vp-freeze in your Layout too!

Read my answer again, check your vp-freeze setting of in your paperspace (and test this statement in a simple drawing).

Send a bug report to Autodesk.. i can not do it for you.
- Sebastian -
Message 23 of 33
james.mcm
in reply to: cadffm

Yes I see the distinction. Please note that once those layers are all VPlayer thawed (in layout). Layiso causes them to become VPlayer frozen again. That is the root of the problem. Though once I have thawed them, the problem does not seem to persist despite the fact that they have been re-frozen by the bug. So thank you. But my suspicion is that once I continue to work in the drawing, save it, close it, reopen it etc. etc. the problem will reoccur as I did not create the problem myself by VPlayer freezing those layers in the layout. I only freeze them in the viewport. I have contacted Autodesk thanks.

Message 24 of 33
pendean
in reply to: james.mcm

HELP says the command LAYERP can also be used instead of relying on just LAYUNISO to put back what LAYISO changed. Caveat being no other layer settings were performed since last using LAYISO.

Message 25 of 33
james.mcm
in reply to: pendean

LAYERP is the trick! It prevented the layuniso bug by bypassing it. Thank YOU!!!!!!!!

Message 26 of 33

You can also hit the show all command button

Message 27 of 33
tim8C4UW
in reply to: beckerk2

Well its 2022 now and nothing has changed.

No one at Autodesk cares for the dinosaurs still using AutoCad.

They just laugh and collect a fortune in subscriptions

LAYERP shows this problem should have been put to bed 13 years + ago.

Nevertheless - its still not perfect as the entire drawing is faded now.

Message 28 of 33
RobDraw
in reply to: tim8C4UW

@tim8C4UW wrote:

Well its 2022 now and nothing has changed.

No one at Autodesk cares for the dinosaurs still using AutoCad.

They just laugh and collect a fortune in subscriptions

LAYERP shows this problem should have been put to bed 13 years + ago.

It was never broken. The dinosaurs are all happy except for the ones that don't have an understanding of how the command (and it's settings) works. Stop blaming the program and Autodesk.

Do you know why everything is faded? Your layers are locked.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 29 of 33
pendean

@tim8C4UW wrote:

Look up LAYISO command in HELP, and watch the commandline like all smart "dinosaurs" learned to do back in the day and still do today: you missed the LOCK&FADE sub-option, yet again

pendean_0-1662727764512.pngpendean_1-1662727794049.png

pendean_2-1662727954270.png

HTH

Message 30 of 33
tim8C4UW
in reply to: pendean

LAYISO worked just fine......layers were faded as they should be .....it just that when I finished editing within the isolated layer and pressed LAYUNISO  - nothing happened. LAYUNISO simlpy did not work.  I had to then do a workaround using LAYERP, then had to unlocked all the isolated layers.....to get back to the layer stater before pressing LAYISO.

This was not user error. (Subscription 2022 LT)

Message 31 of 33
tim8C4UW
in reply to: RobDraw

Well Rob,

I used LAYISO  when I finished editing within the isolated layer I  pressed LAYUNISO  - and nothing happened. LAYUNISO simlpy did not work.  I had to then do a workaround using LAYERP, and then had to unlock all the isolated layers.....to get back to the layer stater before pressing LAYISO.

Message 32 of 33
RobDraw
in reply to: rogerleonard

It sounds like you said it only happened once. Is it repeatable?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 33 of 33
pendean

@tim8C4UW wrote:

LAYUNISO  - nothing happened. LAYUNISO simlpy did not work.  I had to then do a workaround using LAYERP, then had to unlocked all the isolated layers.....to get back to the layer stater before pressing LAYISO.

Open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost