Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There an Osnaps Ignore Hatch Objects On/Off Tool for AutoCAD LT 2011

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cinci-hal
2003 Views, 10 Replies

Is There an Osnaps Ignore Hatch Objects On/Off Tool for AutoCAD LT 2011

I was wondering if there is a tool to turn the Osnap 'Ignore Hatch Objects' On/Off or is there a way to make a macro and custom tool to do this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Modman_4
in reply to: cinci-hal

Do you have the OSOPTIONS variable?

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 11
cinci-hal
in reply to: Modman_4

I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have the OSOPTIONS variable". OSOPTIONS on the command line displays 'Enter new value for OSOPTIONS <1>:'. I'm not sure what to do with this, though. The only solution I know of right now is to go to Tool menu > Options > Drafting, and check or uncheck the box for "Ignore hatch objects". What I would like to do is have a tool that would in essence check/uncheck this "Ignore hatch objects" check box with one click.

Message 4 of 11
Charles_Shade

OSOPTIONS

A little thing called help

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 5 of 11
cinci-hal
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Okay, thanks for that. So, since no one has mentioned an actual tool that does this, I'm assuming there isn't one? Is it possible, then, to create one that would change that variable? How would that macro look?

Message 6 of 11
Johneng

@cinci-hal wrote:

What I would like to do is have a tool that would in essence check/uncheck this "Ignore hatch objects" check box with one click.

Put this macro in a location of your choice.

'OSOPTIONS;$M=$(if,$(getvar,OSOPTIONS),0,1);

Message 7 of 11
pendean

Are you paying attention at all? OSOPTIONS is the "tool", look it up in Help, 0 means it's off, 1 means it's on, HELP explains what the "tool" does.

Help also calls this a registry saved setting: macro is not really needed, you set it once and forget about it until the day you change it back, deliberately or not.

Message 8 of 11
Modman_4
in reply to: pendean

I am just thinking OP could create a couple of butotn macros using the CUI -- one for OSOPTIONS on and one for it off....

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 9 of 11
drjohn

@pendean wrote:

Are you paying attention at all? OSOPTIONS is the "tool", look it up in Help, 0 means it's off, 1 means it's on, HELP explains what the "tool" does.

Help also calls this a registry saved setting: macro is not really needed, you set it once and forget about it until the day you change it back, deliberately or not.

Actually, Dean, I think he is looking for a toggle tool/macro for his tool bar so that he can use it in one click on-the-fly without delving into the variables since it appears from his post that he apparently uses it both on and off so the macro provided above (assuming it's correct) might be the solution he is looking for.

Regards,

DJ

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

An excellent toggle Macro.

Message 11 of 11
Johneng

@pendean wrote:

An excellent toggle Macro.

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost