Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable a command

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
katie1994
1986 Views, 9 Replies

Is there a way to disable a command

Is it possible to disable a command? there seems to be a bug in my program that causes the Insert Hyperlink command to launch which locks up my program and forces me to wait 3-5 minutes for it to cycle through and allow me to cancel the window.

I would like to disable or delete that command since I have never used it and don't see the need for it in the forseeable future.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

LT version? What's the trigger exactly?
Message 3 of 10
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

LT 2013. I have not been able to figure out what triggers it. It must be some combination or keystroke of a pretty basic command since I don't really do very complicated drafting. My most common tools are copy, move, mirror, etc. I checked the command list yesterday when it happened but didn't see any unusual commands. 

I thought I might have hit the F1 key instead of esc but I seldom use that one. I typically use the mouse and choose commands from the panels at the top and not keyboard commands.

I do know that it happens during a sequence of active commands, not trying to undo or save.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

As a test, for a short period of time, don't use your keyboard for anything other than <enter> and see what you click on to trigger it next time it happens.
If you can't recreate then keep going until it does then quickly trace your steps. Avoid using the keyboard for this test except as noted above.
Message 5 of 10
katie1994

OK, I will give it a try.

Message 6 of 10
katie1994

OK, it took a few days but it happened again. I was using the Copy command, right-clicked to repeat the command. the command line read:

Select objects: 1 found

HYPERLINK Select objects:

Here is the list of commands in the undo queue attached.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

That's pretty random for sure. I can;t repeat here.

Do you have tim-sensitive right-click turned on, or are you right-clicking 'old-school' where there is never an option for a menu? I have the former setting option.

And the object selected, did it have a hyperlink attached to it? Do any of your objects contain hyperlinks?

What if you turned off 2013's Autocomplete feature? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmuet1NfEE
Message 8 of 10
katie1994

My right click is to repeat the last command, not for a popup menu, if that is what you mean by "old school." I have never created or used hyperlink in a drawing. As to Autocomplete, I never use it. I will try turning it off to see if that works.

Message 9 of 10
sthompson1021

Hi, to get back to your original question, if you pull up the hyperlink command in the cui, change the macro so it just reads C^C^ That will disable the command.

Message 10 of 10
pendean

You can have both, a feature in AutoCAd/LT for quite some time: otherwise you are missing about a third of the program and only handicapping yourself and your billable time/abilities (AKA profit margins).

ScreenShot001.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost