Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irratic cursor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
juneh
338 Views, 4 Replies

irratic cursor

Hi all,

I am trying to work with my new ACADLT2012.  I am a keyboard person...no menus (DOS orientated).  When I type a command like;  M enter, the pickbox becomes irratic as if looking for snap points.  It becomes a nuisance in as the pickbox fights me, when I try to pick on a point, or a line.  I have no problem with my ACADLT 2004. 

I found that if I pick on the line before typing a command there is no problem, but if I type a command first, the 2012 version pickbox behaves irratically.

Is there a way of resolving the problem?

JuneH

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
juneh
in reply to: juneh

Also...  When I type a command like M(move) then hit enter, the pickbox bounces around.  If I'm lucky to pick on the object, then hit enter, the pickbox will not pick on any point, in fact it won't even touch the original line I picked on.  Pick points don't appear even though they are all turned on.

I loaded both my 2012 versionm and 2004 version.  I changed all the settings to match the 2004 version, yet the 2012 version still does not respond.  It still acts the same.  Why is it fighting me?????

JuneH

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Do you need to turn off SNAP (F9 key), just like in LT2004?
Or do you need to turn off Win7's Aero theme?

Is LT2012 fully patched and updated (there are a couple of fixes posted)?

Do you need to turn off LT2012's hardware acceleration (not in LT2004)?

And finally, do you have features in LT2012 turned on, like the Layer palette (not an option in LT2004)?

Message 4 of 5
juneh
in reply to: pendean

I turned on the "enable hardware acceleation in the Performance tuning box.  I also did an update.  It suddenly seems to do much better.  Thank you so much for the help.

JuneH

Message 5 of 5
juneh

Those features were all found under the "System" tab.

Thanks again.

JH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost