Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing VIA schematic lite on AutoCAD 2006 LT.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
952 Views, 4 Replies

Installing VIA schematic lite on AutoCAD 2006 LT.

I have my VIA Schematic Lite Version 3 CD along with the Allen Bradley modules CD. I want to install the VIA schematic lite pull down menus. VIA LIte and VIA Devices. How do I do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Does not the VIA offer details about how to load their menus? Have you tried VIA support? (Though by a quick Google there does not seem to be any.)

You will get some more detailed advice:

Locate the MNU, MNR files for your LT 2006 and place the menus there. You will see the other menus that you use in these files.

Or is there MENULOAD in LT 2006? Might be worth a try.

(Been so long I don't quite remember how but could hunt and peck my way into it if needed.)

You may also want to look at some of the older AutoCAD Forums and Search your query. Adding dropdown Menus is bound to have come up 6, 7, 8, 9 years ago.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Pop the application(s) disk in, run their installer: what happens?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have the same question:  ie, how can I install this software from a defunct company?  They had their own software for electrical schematics called Via Schematic (Autocad) & Via Schematic Lite (ACad Lite).  Via used a lot of cheap student labor from Perdue U & the lack of consistency due to turnover showed.  They joined forces with WD (Wiring Diagram) with the intent of merging into their product but soon determined WD was just better. After a year or so of marketing WD, Autodesk bought it from them and it became ACad Electrical.  The original developer of WD got hosed in the process (don't recall his name, but he developed a very good product).

Via schematic lite is a nice simple little add-on for ACad Lite that takes advantage of menu configurations, blocks, attributes, etc in a fairly clever way.  Makes Lite into a fairly decent (but basic) schematic environment.

So...  does anybody have a way to install this software now that install codes are no longer available ??

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Do you have a disk? What does the disk include on it? Does it really 'install' anything you need today other than a block library?

Or do you have an EXE or MSI file? What happens if you try and run it?

Do you have time to port menus from a software that stopped so many AutoCAD versions back?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost