Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on a replacement laptop

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KashMiester
247 Views, 6 Replies

Installing on a replacement laptop

Hi guys, 

I wonder if anyone has had done this before and if it can be done, one of our user's has been given a new laptop which i configured for him but on his old one he had AutoCAD LT 2007 registered to him. I dont have that version on hand but have the next one up in my drawer, i have AutoCAD LT 2008 CD on me, can i install it and use the same registration details for this user on the new installation? How can i get that license of his old laptop onto the new one?

Thanks

Kash

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: KashMiester

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

As long as the LT 2008 Seat that you have has a Serial Number and you have not exceeded the number of Seats for the S/N you can install it on the System.

If the 2008 Seat is an upgrade to the 2007 Seat you will need the 2007 S/N.

Help, About, Product Information (if this selection is there) should give you the S/N of the current 2007 Seat.

Message 3 of 7
KashMiester
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Seat? Sorry you've lost me there by sayng seat. 

I have the serial number number of his 2007 version he s currently using on his old laptop. 

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

A Seat is one licensed copy of the Program.

ACAD can be bought with Mutiplte licenses (Seats) if need be, 1 Seat, 5 Seats, 10 Seats, etc.

Since you do not have access to the LT 2007 Disc you can try:

Autodesk Media Request: http://autodeskdocandmedia.com/

but being old software it may be a long shot.

If you still have available Seats (unactive, unused Serial Number(s)) from the 2008 Disc you can install that.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Who owns both licenses? You seem to be describing two separate license holders so you can't just do what you deceive without permissions.
Message 6 of 7
KashMiester
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

No sorry I think I may have confused you. The user owns the 2007 license but I don't have that particular media on hand, so long story short I'd need to be able to install 2007 again unfortunately I only have a 2008 version available which doesn't even belong to the user who doesn't have the correct license for that anyway.
Message 7 of 7
pendean

AFAIK there are no downloads readily available for LT2007 unless someone at Autodesk comes along and provides you with a link.

Have you tried searching through eBay for an LT2007 available for sale? YOu can use that media disk but your user's 2007 registration to reinstall LT2007.

There is nothing you can do with the LT2008 license/media/disk unless no one else is using it at your firm and you wish to make this user it's one and only installation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost