Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD 2009 LT from a download file

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
samplake
2497 Views, 8 Replies

Installing AutoCAD 2009 LT from a download file

The Autodesk support center sent me a file download to reinstall my copy of AutoCAD 2009 LT after a computer crash.  I have download the file from Autodesk support but it is unreadable by my computer.  See the attachment for a screen shot.  Is there another program i need to read the AutoCAD installation file?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lawson2011
in reply to: samplake

Has it got ".exe" on the end of the file name? If not do a right click on it and go to rename and put ".exe" on the end of the name   ******copy it first incase it doesn't work*************

Message 3 of 9
Charles_Shade

Do you have a 64 bit OS?

The dowloaded file is for 64 bit operating systems.

Message 4 of 9
drjohn
in reply to: Lawson2011

@Lawson2011 wrote:

Has it got ".exe" on the end of the file name? If not do a right click on it and go to rename and put ".exe" on the end of the name   ******copy it first incase it doesn't work*************

I wouldn't do that right away ... first check to see if it has a .ZIP extension. If so, you should be able to highlight it and see the file inside.  That would be the file you want to execute. If it is a zip file and you see the MSI or EXE file inside, just drag it to yer desktop and double click it.

If it doesn't have EXE, MSI or ZIP extension then Lawson is right. Most email systems will blast EXE files in emails so the sender renames then .TXT or something similar. You would then need to rename it at your end but I don't think ADESK would do that typically.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 9
Lawson2011
in reply to: drjohn

Sorry DJ, I'm not that good at explaining things in laymans terms....you're advise is good.....sometimes even in downloads the file extention drops off too.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

So what happens when that pop-up shows up and you simply click OPEN? The pop-up is not an error message, it's an INFORMATION message.

What is the full file name, with extension, that you downloaded?

What version of Win7 are you running, 32bit or 64bit?

Message 7 of 9
paicaso

hi

Would you tell me where to download Autocad 2009 LT files?

My souce cd had crashed,

I need them to rebuld.

thanks & best regards,

Message 8 of 9
camilo.lemos
in reply to: paicaso

Hi paicaso,

I have replied to your question and provided the appropriate download links on your other thread linked here.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 9
paicaso
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Dear

I got message,

thank for your help!

Best Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost