Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting jpeg image into Autocad LT 13

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
60118 Views, 6 Replies

Inserting jpeg image into Autocad LT 13

I have just installed LT 13 and am trying to insert a jpeg as I have done so many times on previous versions of Autocad LT. Can someone please tell me the difference of why and how I can do this as it was previously through the insert command.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Doesn't IMAGEATTACH work? It works in LT2009

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
pendean

INSERT command never handled raster images like JPG: so either your memory is 'foggy' because you only clicked on an icon but never typed a command or you were using another program?

You can reference in a an image using the Xref EXTERNALREFERENCE palette (just change the file type from DWG), or use IMAGEATTACH command, or IMAGE command, or INSERTOBJ command, or you can drag and drop an image file into an open AutoCAD/LT session, or you can open the JPG in an image editor to copy/paste from that program into LT.

Or if you only wish to click on buttons, then on the RIBBON select the INSERT Tab (that's not the INSERT command, just the TAB name), then the ATTACH button in the REFERENCE panel

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the info. How to create a template drawing 2010 LT?

Message 5 of 7
hwalker

Welcome to the Forums

When posting it is a good idea to look at the date of the post you're replying to and see if it is an old post or not.

If it is old you can post a new thread asking a question.

As to your question.

Click on FILE.

Click on SAVE AS.

Where it says FILES OF TYPE. Change the type to AUTOCAD LT DRAWING TEMPLATE (*.DWT)

This will save your drawing as a template and will automatically save it in your drawing template directory as well.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I drag and drop my image file directly from windows explorer in autocad electrical 2017.
Hope it helps.

Message 7 of 7
anoos123ponnani

bb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost