Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert ole Excel table using script & control height, width & aspect ratio

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BWYarger
672 Views, 5 Replies

Insert ole Excel table using script & control height, width & aspect ratio

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BWYarger
in reply to: BWYarger

(Sorry about the blank post.  I hit enter twice to exit the subject line.)

I need to insert an Excel table in to LT.  I can paste it, but I need to be able to control the height, width and aspect ratio within the script, so it basically needs to be something I can do from the command line and not involve picking the properties palette and changing the items there.  I suspect there are variables I can control from the command line with the table selected, but I can't find any information on them. 

Brad

LT 2011 - 2014

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 3 of 6
pendean

Can you do it from the commandline right now?
There are no new OLE variables, OLEFRAME, OLEHIDE and OLELINKS are it.
Message 4 of 6
BWYarger
in reply to: pendean

I don't know how or if it can be done, but I spent an hour or so going through help and checking the web for ideas.  What I can do is specify the ole font, ole point size, and the text height but all of these are done through a dialog box and not the command line.  I don't see a way to edit these inside a script and was hoping someone could provide a way.

Can it be done in full AutoCAD, or are full and LT similar in this area?

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 5 of 6
pendean

AFAIK both programs are identically limited: try the customization forums for possible AutoCAD enhanced programming functionality.
Message 6 of 6
Albert_Rius

Hi Brad,

With LT, the properties that you want to modify are only accesible manually via the properties palette. If you can manage to move to full AutoCAD, via Lisp or other customizations you can manage to automatically modify this information.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost