Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Measurements in Autocad LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottyvalentine
630 Views, 3 Replies

Inconsistent Measurements in Autocad LT

Hello All, 

I have recently moved to a new office where they use Autocad LT.  I am having consistant problems of measured distances not being at a full rounded number (eg 2650) Instead I just keep getting measurements that are just innaccurate (2649.04567....)  It could be the case that I then redraw this line then the measure tool will give me the correct distance, but if I try it again,  it has some crazy distance again.

I also have issues with things just not snapping to where you thought that should be snapping to, thus making the problem even worse.  At first I thought it was a problem with drafters in this office, but then I noticed it was the same through all projects and with even the projects I was working on that I was taking great care with.

I've never come accross this problem before in Autocad or Revit.  Could anyone please offer me some helpful tips and tricks to fine tune the way I draw?

Thanks very much for your assistant, this is driving me crazy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Does setting your units to say 0.0 in stead of 0.0000 influence the precision of snap??? Obviously it would effect the distance tool.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: scottyvalentine

AutoCAD LT is AutoCAD, so quality of drafting has to be questioned if we only go by your post and no DWG file samples.

If you draw it at 2650 it is 2650, if you eye-ball it then who knows what you end up with.

As for snapping, do you just need to resize your pickbox size to better suit your new drafting needs? Is the Autosnap 'magnet', marker, tooltip and aperture box turned on in OPTIONS>Drafting Tab?

Do you need to cycle through available Osnaps if you are 'distance' snapping perhaps (there is more than one choice of a snap at these locations)?

AutoCAD/LT do a great job of telling you what it is snapping to, no need to 'think' it's doing what you want: did you turn off all of those on screen prompts?

Message 4 of 4

I know this a long time oft repeated question about accuracy but I do swear by having the precision set to thousands or ten thousandths of an inch at a minimum makes a better drawing.

And Nearest Osnap can wreak havoc from time to time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost