Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing plotstyle files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robinsott
535 Views, 3 Replies

importing plotstyle files

I've recently upgraded from AutoCADLT 2000 to LT2010 and am unable to get plots with lineweights set by an imported non-predefined ctb plotstyles file I have been using in LT2000 for several years.  I've copied the file into the new program in Program Files/Autodesk/AutoCADLT 2010/UserDataCache/Plotters/Plot Styles, and also in Users/(my name)/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCad2010/R16/enu/Plotters/Plot Styles based on an answer to a similar question seen on another CAD users website.   I am able to select the file in the Plot Style Table menu in the Page Setup dialog box for the drawing layout being plotted, and have the plot with plotstyles box checked.  In the plot dialog box, plot scale is set at 1:1 and the scale lineweights box is checked.  I have selected DWF6ePlot.pc3 for the plotter name and emailed the dwf file to my plotting service where the plot comes out with all lineweights the same.  As a not-very-CAD-savvy sole practitioner without an IT staffer handy, I'd be glad for any suggestions.

Thanks.

Tyler Robinson

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: robinsott

So if you yourself open the DWF file, zoom in and around, do you see lineweights?

What are you using to see the DWF file?

What are they using to see and print a dWF file?

Message 3 of 4
robinsott

Thank you for the response.

I'm not sure how to view dwf files. 

The plot service uses Metaprint software by ARC and reports they do not see lineweights when they view the dwf file on their screen.

Tyler Robinson

Message 4 of 4
pendean

DWF viewer is free at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=12423405&siteID=123112

There are others on the internet if you want smaller DWG viewer files, not sure how well any of them work. You have to be able to view what you send before issuing to anyone, you can't really just issue files out without internal review.

Why not plot to PDF and look (I assume you can view PDFs)? Can they not plot PDFs or did you chose DWF for another reason: explore and see what you get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost