Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORTING CONNECTORS FROM MOLEX

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
yholdercompan
2195 Views, 9 Replies

IMPORTING CONNECTORS FROM MOLEX

HI,

I AM NEEDING SOME HELP. I HAVE CONTACTED AUTODESK TO HELP ME BUT NO HELP FROM THEM. I TRYING TO IMPORT CONNECTOR FROM MOLEX AND THEY ARE NOT IMPORTING. IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO IMPORT CONNECTORS THROUGH THERE ONLINE SITE? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP BECAUSE THE BOSS MAN IS WONDERING AND AUTOCAD SAID THAT THE FILE MAY NOT BE SUPPORTED. SO I'M ASKING YOU GUYS IF YOU KNOW SINCE YOU ALL USE IT ALL THE TIME. I COULD JUST BE SKIPPING A STEP OR SOMETHING. IM NOT SURE WHY IT WONT IMPORT.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!Smiley Happy

J3$$Y
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

What type of file is it?

If this is a Lisp based routine then AutoCAD LT will not be able to do anything with it inside LT.

Message 3 of 10

http://www.molex.com/molex/part/partModels.jsp

THE LINK ABOVE IS AS FAR AS I CAN GET.... ONCE I TRY CLICKING ON THERE FILES IT SENDS IT TO A ZIPI FILE AND THEN NOT SURE WHERE TO GO FROM THERE.

J3$$Y
Message 4 of 10
pendean
in reply to: yholdercompan

ZIp is a container file: you open it like you do a Folder in Windows. Did you open one yet? Try downloading one and do so. This is basic Windows/Internet type of functionality, there is no special knowledge needed.

LT only reads DWG and DXF files, and can view DWF, PDF and most image files: if the ZIP file contains these file formats, copy then to where you store your block library then use AutoCAD/LT's INSERT command to bring them into AutoCAD.

If they do not contain these types of files, you need to ask the folks you got eh ZIP from who to get what you need.

Message 5 of 10

I TRIED TO OPEN IT AND IT SAY THAT PDF CANNOT SUPPORT THIS FILE. I HAVE TRIED IT ALL AND NOT HAVING ANY LUCK. CAN I SAVE A PDF FILE AS A DWG FILE?

J3$$Y
Message 6 of 10

SO IS THERE ANYWAY TO IMPORT IT OR SHOULD I JUST DRAW THEM ALL AND SAVE AS A BLOCK?

THANKS AGAIN!

J3$$Y
Message 7 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

3D Models:
3D CAD Models - PRO/E
3D CAD Models - IGES
3D CAD Models - STEP

This is what is being shown on the page and dowloads the Zip files.

Beyond LT ability I suspect.

Message 8 of 10

You can underlay the PDF (LT 2010, 2011, 2012) and trace each as needed then SaveAs Block. This would work.

Message 9 of 10

YES THATS THE RIGHT LINKS AND I WILL TRY IT.... THANKS SO MUCH

J3$$Y
Message 10 of 10

SaveAs Block is a little misleading. As in all drawing files are nothing more than blocks since they can all be Inserted as such.

Create your drawing as needed and then BLOCK from the Command line. This will create a Block in the Container drawing.

Or WBLOCK which will allow you to create a seperate drawing file of this one object for use in other drawing files.

You can however create families of Connectors just as there are multiple connectors on that web page and groupe these together in one file where you could drag and drop from design center or Insert the container file to the Drawing file and have all these block avaliable at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost