Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing 2016 model space preferences to 2017

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
366 Views, 7 Replies

Importing 2016 model space preferences to 2017

Morning all,

Hoping for some suggestions and help please.

I had AutoCad LT 2016 on my company laptop which I had set up just how I wanted it in model space, all the menus and tool bars where I wanted them.

My company upgraded me to AutoCad LT 2017 on a new laptop.

Is there any way to import my personalised workspace layout from 2016 to 2017?

I have an AutoDesk 360 membership.

Any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

Jimmy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

In Windows go to the AUTODESK section. In there somewhere is a subsection called MIGRATE CUSTOM SETTINGS.

You can use that to export your settings and import them as well

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for replying though I am still having some issues.

Can you clarify where the Migrate Custom Settings is found?  Should I be in AutoCad or just looking in my C drive in windows?

I have found the AutoDesk folder on the C drive but after searching for Migrate Custom Settings no files can be found.

Do I have to be signed into anything?

Thank you

Message 4 of 8
hwalker

What version of Windows do you have.

Windows 8 and below

Click on START. Then PROGRAMS. Find the AUTODESK one and open it then find MIGRATE CUSTOM SETTINGS.

Windows 10

Click on the Windows Logo. Then ALL APPS. Find the AUTODESK folder and open it

And you can either EXPORT your settings or MIGRATE FROM A PREVIOUS RELEASE

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you, I am getting there.

Both folders where exactly where you said they would be, I have no idea why my original search didn't find them so thank you.

Exported Cad2016 settings off my old windows8 laptop onto a memory stick as a zip file which was the defult option given to me.

My next issue is when I go into my windows10 CA\d2017 and try to migrate from a previous release it comes up with the requirement that it needs AutoCAD LT 2000 or later version to be installed.

Any further suggestions please?

Message 6 of 8
hwalker

Try the following link

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

It appears that @hwalker has offered some great help on getting your settings migrated. Here is another article that might help. Please post your results so others might benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 8
john.vellek

I am checking back to see if my post or @hwalker's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost