Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic not displaying parameter code properly!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
cbduffeck
353 Views, 9 Replies

ilogic not displaying parameter code properly!

The demensions are not being displayed properly in paperspace on the drawing. ie the part should measure 160 inches. when it demen. the product in paperspace it will only measure 3 inches.

But on a different part of the drawing it measures correct demensions?????

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: cbduffeck

Are you dimensioning in Paperspace?

Is the Viewport scale 1:1?

If the Viewport scale is something else have you changed the Dim Scale Linear factor by an opposite amount?

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Are you using OSNAPS to select the object when dimensioning in paperspace?

Message 4 of 10
cbduffeck

Yes the viewport is at 1:1.

If I enter the viewport and dem. it it works fine. However, I might mention again the when I was demen. the drawing in paperspace, Half the drawing was entering the correct sizes. move to another part... top, and left side the demension would be entered by the paper size not the demension of the object.

Message 5 of 10
cbduffeck
in reply to: pendean

Yes the OSNAPS turned ON, and it does not make any difference on the switching it OFF and Demen. the drawing. I have attached the drawing so you may see the problem

Message 6 of 10
AcadAdamLT

Two things to take notice of.

The Viewport is not 1:1.

The Blocks are annovative.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 7 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Which means that the Dimension String will need to be Annotative as well to match the annotative scale of the Block being dimension in Paperspace.

ScreenShot.jpg

Message 8 of 10
cbduffeck

OK guys,

Here is what we found. We went in and exploded both block in the drawing. Once that was done it would demen. it correctly. I beleive that there is a error in the software.  The bolt half of the drawing would enter the correct demensions, even though the lower left block was not exploded. But it would not enter the two left side blocks demensions correctly. Once I exploded both left side block it would work.

Make sure we enter this problem into the data base of knowledge.

Message 9 of 10
Charles_Shade

And one more item to note:

The Dim Linear Scale for the Dimension 6.2876 is 1

The Dim Linear Scale for the Dimension 160.9737 is -25.5224

It looks as though you have an Imperial and Metric conflict and not an AutoCAD conflict.

You need to look at your setups and dimension properties to fix this and is related to my third question in the initial response.

Message 10 of 10
cbduffeck

Hello,

Yes the osnaps are turned on. and it does not make a diference if we tured them off. 

Charles Duffeck
Vice President
CB Duffeck, Inc.
835 Valley Rd. Unit D
Menasha, WI 54952
Office 920-882-2112 
Fax 920-882-2118
Maintenance Services on Industrial Equipment

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost