Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want DSviewer back!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Durtklod
1128 Views, 12 Replies

I want DSviewer back!!!

I just upgraded from AutoCAD LT 14 to AutoCAD LT 2014.  Much to my dismay, I've found that one of my most important tools is now gone... DSviewer.  This was such a powerful tool.

Can somebody help me figure out who to contact to get a patch or perhaps a lisp routine to get this tool back?

Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, that steering wheel thing with the pan, zoom and rewind... useless compared to DSviewer.

Thank you for any attention you may devote to my plight!

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Durtklod

DSVIEWER died many versions back now, it's not coming back and there is no add-on for it or similar to it from anywhere.
Message 3 of 13
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
DSVIEWER died many versions back now, it's not coming back and there is no add-on for it or similar to it from anywhere.

Could only have died in 2013,  It was there in 2012. But perhaps it was only a full ACAD option and not in LT.

As a reminder only check  >>>this thread<<<

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 13
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Staring at full AutoCAD 2012 right now and there is no DSVIEWER.
Just kicked up Full 2011, it has DSVIEWER. So does LT 2011.

VIEWCUBE was the new replacement command/feature in AutoCAD 2012 and higher (not in LT 2012 or higher).
Message 5 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle

OP I had similar thoughts about the steering wheel until I gave it half a chance. Shift-W toggles it on and off, and it is relatively easy to navigate a 3D environment with! It also exists in Revit and Navisworks (and Inventor too if memory serves).

The Viewcube you can grab and rotate to rotate your view as well, or select an edge or corner for example to quickly change your viewpoint. You can also quickly return to a "home" view (default view). Try right-clicking the cube. You can also select view options this way, or even change the view you want to use as the home view.

As I said, at first it all seemed like a bunch of gee-wizz I didn't need, but now I find it very handy especially for 3D navigation.

Other things you may not know about are scroll wheel (on the mouse) zooming, depress and hold the scroll wheel for panning, and double-clicking the scroll wheel to zoom extents...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 13
Durtklod

Well thanks everybody.  I guess my version does not have the view cube  because I don't see that option anywhere.  The advice about the mouse wheel was very useful.  I was unaware of the double click to extents and hold to pan.

Message 7 of 13
KEGdrafter

I'm currently looking for a lisp routine to automate the way I open dsviewer in autocad 2012. Type redefine, then dsviewer. You will have the viewer till you close the drawing.

Message 8 of 13
drjohn

@pendean wrote:
Staring at full AutoCAD 2012 right now and there is no DSVIEWER.
Just kicked up Full 2011, it has DSVIEWER. So does LT 2011.

VIEWCUBE was the new replacement command/feature in AutoCAD 2012 and higher (not in LT 2012 or higher).

REDEFINE:  Explore it in help

================

AutoCAD 2012 – Missing a few things?

The Array dialog box isn’t the only thing you might notice by its absence in AutoCAD 2012. I’ll do a proper “Putting things back to normal” post later, but here’s a quick one for those of you wondering what happened to a few things that appear to be AWOL in 2012.

Are you missing your aerial viewer, blips and/or screen menu? They’re still there, but the commands are undefined. To get them back, just redefine the commands:

REDEFINE DSVIEWER
DSVIEWER

REDEFINE BLIPMODE
BLIPMODE 1

REDEFINE SCREENMENU
SCREENMENU 1

These features are deprecated. That means unless enough of you kick up a fuss about needing them, they are likely to vanish without trace in a release or two.

Edit: Jimmy Bergmark pointed out that the same applies to the TRACE command. If you need it, redefine it.

=================

Source

Message 9 of 13
pendean

In LT2012 and higher, not AutoCAD: no DSVIEWER, no VIEWCUBE, no REDEFINE command.
We are in the LT forum folks. OP is using LT folks.

If you want to help, look up the commands in LT's online HELP files or feel free to ask me direct first: appreciate you all jumping in, but we all need to be focused:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8446974&linkID=10809858

Message 10 of 13
drjohn

@pendean wrote:

If you want to help, look up the commands in LT's online HELP files or feel free to ask me direct first: appreciate you all jumping in, but we all need to be focused:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8446974&linkID=10809858

Oops ... my bad.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle

Still, they apparently have the steering wheel...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 12 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

NAVSWHEEL command if the OP clicked it off.
Message 13 of 13
rkmcswain

I don't have access to LT to test this at the moment, but in AutoCAD 2015, I just prefixed the command with a period to access it (I didn't need to redefine it)

Unfortunately, even though the windows appears and the pan and zoom functions work, there is no preview in the DSVIEWER window.

2014 works just like earlier versions for me.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost