Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 1 drawing that won't plot lineweights

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bbaumer
872 Views, 3 Replies

I have 1 drawing that won't plot lineweights

Hi all. I have LT08 and have one drawing using linestyles and colors to determine lineweight for plotting that just will not plot anything other than a "light" lineweight. I have tried making an all new .cbt, existing .cbt's, changing ALL colors to a heavier weight etc. Nothing is working.

Plot preview is light lineweight, plotting to pdf is light and plotting to the plotter is light. I am not having this problem with any other drawings so there must be something set somewhere in this one file. I did not create the model. Someone else did but I did setup the layout sheet, just like I do other drawings.

Give me a clue as to where to look. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bbaumer

INSERT the one problem file into another that is not a 'problem'.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 4
mahahaavaahava

Hi,

are you sure it's not a dwg that's been set up to use NAmed PlotStyles, not Color dependant? Try CONVERTPSTYLES.

/Petri
Message 4 of 4
grantznoble

Had the same problem and it was a simple solution for me.
Check two things:
1: in modelspace with no objects selected, look at your properties window (attached or detached) and you will see the default lineweight. It should be "bylayer". If not, set it to this or everything you create beyond that point won't adopt the lineweight of it's layer (provided you are controlling lineweights by layer).

2: Highlight the objects that are not plotting their proper lineweights. Look at your properties window again, if anything besides "bylayer" shows up in the lineweight box, you won't get the proper lineweights. Choose the "bylayer option for all the objects you want to plot with lineweights from your layer settings.

Worked for me. you may want to change this setting in any custom Templates you have created as well, but that is a different story, for a different thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost