Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink from Microsoft Office to .dwg file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TaylorPrestonLimited
207 Views, 2 Replies

Hyperlink from Microsoft Office to .dwg file

Hi

How do I create a hyperlink in a Microsoft Office application, such as MSExcel 2002, that opens .dwg Autocad drawings?

The: My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types tab for DWG files says "Open with" "Not Applicable" with a hexagonal icon displayed.

I have no problem opening drawings from Windows Explorer, so I undid my changes when I tried the "Change" option and browsed to the actl.exe location and saved it and noticed that the "DWG Autocad LT" icon changed into the hexagonal icon.

Cheers Lewis
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TaylorPrestonLimited

Try Microsoft support's open discussion forums for how to do things in
MSOffice products.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 3

For what it is worth...
From Excel (or Ctrl+K)
From the Edit Hyperlink Dialog browse to the required Drive/Folder/File and Click on it the click OK on the Edit Hyperlink dialog - Works for me (with AutoCAD 2004, but that should make no difference)
Of course, anyone else accessing your spreadsheet [from another computer) would have to have AutoCAD or some other applications that is associated with the .DWG file type.

Now, if your dwg file type association is messed up, your problems is a windows problem, or perhaps an AutoCAD Install/Repair may help

JimL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost