Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE FILES!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Buehrle1
304 Views, 6 Replies

HUGE FILES!!

I am using AutoCAD LT 2012.  I noticed that I have a lot of line types that I am not using, but I can not purge them.  Everytime I copy & paste a line into a new drawing all these line types appear and the fille gets huge.  I saw that there is a hotfix for this problem for full versions 2013 & 14, but is there one for AutoCAD LT 2012?  Or is there another solution to fix this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeh_uk1
in reply to: Buehrle1

This sounds like the "Microstation Bloat". You can "automatically purge orphaned data" in LT2015, which will clear them.

As a short term fix, you could install the 30 day trial version of LT2015, and then purge them from all of your drawings, but after the 30 days you'll be stuck if they reappear.

Jason
Message 3 of 7
Buehrle1

I agree that it is a bloat issue. I will try what you mentioned, but is there not fix for my version of CAD?

Chris Buehrle
ARCHITETTURA
4920 De Maisonneuve W.
Suite #403
Westmount, Quebec
H3Z 1N1
tel: 514.481.7711
fax: 514.481-4505
email: aab@architettura-mtl.com

Avis : Ce message est confidentiel et prot?g? par le secret professionnel. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire, veuillez informer l'exp?diteur par courriel imm?diatement et effacer ce message et en d?truire toute copie.

Notice: This message is confidential and privileged. If you are not the addressee, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this message and destroy all copies.
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Message 5 of 7
skjeyaranjan
in reply to: pendean

hello gentlemen 

download bellow link dwg-purge apps. then install and use command dwg-purge which file huge...i hope u will enjoy.....

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Adrawingpu...

Ranjan

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
skjeyaranjan

hello gentlemen download bellow link dwg-purge apps. then install and use command dwg-purge which file huge...i hope u will enjoy..... https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Adrawingpu... Ranjan

Message 7 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: skjeyaranjan

Hello Ranjan

The OP has only an ACAD LT ... So ACAD applications are very limited !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost