Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on "Large number of annotation scales" dialog

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
PatrikLundqvist
1746 Views, 14 Replies

How to turn on "Large number of annotation scales" dialog

If I accidently turned it off and can not find it in the Hiddeen Messages Settings dialog, is there a variable or registry key or other trick to turn it on again? Hav searched everywhere but can not find a solution..

Would be interested in a variable for the "missing shx files" dialog as well.

Kind regards Patrik

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: PatrikLundqvist

ANNOAUTOSCALE variable?

Message 3 of 15
PatrikLundqvist
in reply to: pendean

Hi!

No, the problem is the old bug with anExcessive amount of Annotation scales when using ACAD 2008 without SP1.

When opening a drawing with Excessive scale lists in a newer version you are normally prompted if you want ACAD to reset the scalelist. A client clicked "Always perform this option" and chose NO by mistake. The result is that the dialog is not showing anymore which is usually resetted in the Options-Systems-Hidden Messages Settings dialog.

However the Ecsessive scale list option doesnt come up in the list, which is why I wondered if there is a setting somewhere to get the dialog back?

Hope this clarified my question a bit..

(Im aware of how to manually doing this, or Scale list utillity, but the client want this to be automatically corrected..)

Kind regards

/Patrik 

Message 4 of 15

You need to run this on your files:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11062617&linkID=9240818

And install the Service Packs:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240818

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 15

Hi!

My client has updated servicepacks and as I wrote Scale list Utillity is not an option because the client dont want to do this manually everytime new files are sent with 100s of scalelists. (The problem is already in the files, created by ACAD 2008 users long time ago..) and they keep coming...

So what we need is to turn on this dialog again, check always perform this action... and choose YES..

Any moore ideas?

Excessive scale dialog.png

Message 6 of 15
drjohn

Tools > Options > System Tab has the Hidden Messages settings selections

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 7 of 15

@PatrikLundqvist wrote:

Hi!

No, the problem is the old bug with anExcessive amount of Annotation scales when using ACAD 2008 without (emphasis added) SP1.

Kind regards

/Patrik 

Install the Service Pack

Correct all the drawings one time with the Utility.

Cure the sickness and stop trying to manage the symptom.

Message 8 of 15
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

IMHO  the question appears to be:

So what we need is to turn on this dialog again, check always perform this action... and choose YES.

I don't think he wants to " ... cure the sicknes ... " I think he wants to turn on the warning pop-up again.

Regards,

DJ

Message 9 of 15

Thanks everyone for trying o help, but you are not reading my post.

I know where the hidden Messages settings are, problem is that the Scalelist option doesnt turn up there..

Curing the files wont help, it will only be a temporary solution, since there will be moore and moore corrupt files coming in from different sources/projects..(this is a common problem here..) I understand that the client doesnt want to correct the files manually when there is an automatic solution in ACAD. If it was full ACAD I would just write a simple lisp..

All I need is to turn on the dialog in some other way than using HMS since it for some reaon doesnt turn up in the list..

Surely these settings (as well as the missing shx files f e..) must be saved somwhere?

Kind regards Patrik

Message 10 of 15
pendean

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

These messages should be the the HMS section, if not, you might have to go exploring in the Windows Registry.

Message 11 of 15
PatrikLundqvist
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean!

Yes I know it should be there, a lot of other messages turn up fine though..

Tried to find the setting in the registry and online before coming here, but couldnt find it..

Maybe repair/reinstall is the last opton, always a hussle to do though..

Thanx for trying to help and a great forum 🙂

HMS.png

Message 12 of 15

The missing SHX files are likely Shape Fonts being used by the sender that you do not have.

Unless they send the Fonts along then the only way for you to get them is to ask.

How about adding a Macro to the Open Command to Reset the Scalelist when you Open a file?

Could that be a way of making this happen without having to do it manually?

Message 13 of 15

Thanks, I know what shx files are, I just wondered where the setting that controls the dialog is.

A macro might be a solution, although I know a lot of opening of dwg files is done via doubleclicking on the file instead of using the open command..

Will try a repair/reinstall first I think.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Kind regards Patrik

Message 14 of 15

You're not alone on this.

The closest I'v'e got was watching AutoCAD attempt to read

HKCU\Software\Autodesk\<product key>\ScaleList

That registry key is not present on my machine, and am assuming that it is only reading that location because I clicked Yes, and Always perform this action.  That it is attempting to see if I have custom scales.

Being that, so far only alternative suggestions have been given, it would appear that there may not be a way to toggle this setting by either a var, registry, or even to re-enable the dialog.

Message 15 of 15
antonjoseph83
in reply to: drjohn

Thanks. Your suggestion was helpful for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost