Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale in AutoCad LT 2002?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
647 Views, 1 Reply

How to scale in AutoCad LT 2002?

I am a new user to AutoCad LT 2002. I have taken 2 of 4 courses at the local college but that was with version 14. I am working on my house at this time and would like to draw my house to scale so that I can add my addition scaled but I don't know how. When I use the wizard to start my drawing I get to the last page "AREA" and I loose it. What I am dealing with is I need a drawing area of 60'x45' set at 1/4" per foot so that I can plot my house and the addition. How do I do this????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brad
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A quick lesson in fundamentals of CAD. Never ever draw any objects to scale! Always draw 1 to 1. If your wall is 10' long draw it in autocad as 10' long. Text and dimensions are the exception to this rule. Scaling is done when you set up a viewport in paper space. Basically the paper space is just a piece if paper with a hole(viewport)cut out of it looking at what is within the model space. To scale this view you must be in paper space.The easiest way in your case is to make sure you have the viewports toolbar on. Click on the viewport. Then select the scale in the pull-down in the viewports toolbar. Also HELP in ACLT describes this process in much greater detail. Hopefully that will get you started, post back if you need any more help.

Kind Regards,
Matthew Corbin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost