Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make this template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
312 Views, 4 Replies

How to make this template

I have on the attachments a template that needs to be remade in autocad, prior soft-copy was lost, I'm kind of a what-I-see-what-I'll-do kind of person, so just show me where to click and where to drag it, and I'm ok with it, I'm experienced w/ photoshop if that helps, I'm new to autocad LT anyway.

Main objective is to able to plot anywhere but just on the LINES on the graph but not on the white squares. Note the line can be moved adjusted like the line tool in photoshop, also to note that this graph will only be drawn with one line but has circles to indicate the points, so I also need to be taught how to put circles, but the circle is like twice bigger than this O

The specimen no., specimen condition, height, diameter, moisture content, wet density, etc, is the typical fill in the blank(or box) excel style.

if u need some more clarifications just ask, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You want that as a DWG file? You'll need to redraw it, drag/drop the PDF into an open DWG file and start. You'll use LINE, PLINE and RECTANG commands, and if you feel brave, even TABLE command.

Or you cound just do it all in MSExcel then copy/paste it into AutoCAD.

SAVEAS command will help you transform the final result into a Template once you are happy with it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

how bout the graph? do I need to do it in excel too?

I dont know what to ask.

as u can see the graph is in cm so precise measurement of each row/column is I think really really hard in excel, so maybe the graph is the only thing I will do in CAD, 

So if I already have a template if possible I wanna input below the boxes like of specimen NO., and specimen condition in MS WORD, and do the graph in CAD, is that possible?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

For precision drawing, you would use AutoCAD. I guess you will need to draw it all inside AutoCAD.
Message 5 of 5
ScottHodges

Excel will graph it for you too using the data when you have entered it. I really don't understand why you are trying to do this in AutoCAD where you will have to manually plot the graph, when Excel will produce exactly what you want, and automatically plot it for you with accuracy approaching that of manually drawing it in AutoCAD. When I was younger, I have taken data from an almost identical form used for soil analysis and used the scatter chart in Excel to produce a report of the type you appear to be attempting to do

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost