Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get phone support?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
422 Views, 15 Replies

How to get phone support?

How can I purchase phone support so I can simply get a question answered?  Autodesk support chat is apparently offline now and their email support is ridiculous.  I have never dealt with worse customer service in my life.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Whip out a credit card, contact an Autodesk reseller in your region of the world, buy a support package from them, and chat away.

If you want to purchase only "from Autodesk", explore your options here: http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/overview

If you want free self-help from fellow end users just like you, you're posting in the correct website: what's the issue. Self-Help means you have to do at least 50% of the work to fix the problem.
Message 3 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

these are your options

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/technical-support

which level did you buy?

if you didn't buy advanced or enterprise you don't have the option to call autodesk

you would need to call your reseller for help

or post on the forums

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 16
rkmcswain

FMEGA wrote:

I have never dealt with worse customer service in my life.

If it's the worst, have you considered switching vendors? Maybe Bentley or another competitor offers better service for you. I'm curious as to what kind of service/support was including in your purchase of LT?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I purchased subscriptions directly from Autodesk.  I have no understanding of the reseller relationship.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I have several issues, the most pressing is that I've purchased a desktop subscription to be used by an off site employee.  I cannot get an answer on how that person is to access the account, after I've added them as a user.  Seems like a pretty simple question, huh?

Message 7 of 16
pendean

Great: go here and sign in, then click the CONTACT US link and seek help direct from autodesk http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/public/index?siteID=11564774&id=11607975

Remember, if you didn't buy the level of support you need then upgrade your support contract as explained here http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/technical-support
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

I think the link title should be changed to "Contact Us? - Good luck"

Message 9 of 16
rkmcswain

FMEGA wrote:

I have no understanding of the reseller relationship.

Historically, that is the primary method of sales and support from Autodesk. IMO, Autodesk wants customers to purchase through a reseller who in turn makes a little profit and provides support to their local customers. I don't know what percentage of their sales are direct via the web or through channels like Amazon, but it's probably pretty small. I know it's a little late for you at this point but for future readers of this thread, explore your support options before you purchase to avoid disappointment.

Having said that, the subscription support channel works pretty well for us. We generally get a reply within several hours (IOW, not days) - but the solution to your particular issue should be painfully obvious and included with the purchase via the documentation. You shouldn't have to wait for something like that. Just my 2 cents.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 16
pendean

Most of us helping and responding around here have subscription and find the Contact Us link on our subscription pages quite helpful and responsive. Since you've never ever tried it I suspect simply "doing it" now should help.

Sounds to me like your remote person needs to log into the subscription site with the info sent to them after purchase, download and install/authorize the software.
Or are you the admin account contact and you haven't assigned that remote user access yet?

You don't seem to want to use the support you paid for but want something else? Help us help you, explain.

PS: is this a short term software lease?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Funny assumption.  Why would I be complaining about something if I hadn't already tried it multiple times without success?  In all fairness I did finally get a workable response (30 hours later) to one question after 2 attempts by Autodesk to avoid answering the specific question and direct me to resources I'd already read, including sending me an empty attachment.  Still waiting for a simple response to the second case 30 hours now and still waiting.  I just want to activate the **** upgrade I purchased but they didn't give me a serial number!   The chat line apparently does not work anymore because regardless of day or time it always says it is unavailable.  These issues could be resolved in 5 minutes if I could just talk to someone on the frickin phone!

Message 12 of 16
pendean

Now we're getting somewhere 🙂

BTW we only have what you write here to go by: sadly mind readers only hang out in these forums to help others on Februay 30.

So... asking one more time: is this a lease or a full license purchase that you are waiting on?

Also:

- where did you buy it from? Autodesk direct or a reseller/website like Amazon?

- Is there a reason you don't want to download the software now and run it on the 30-day trial until you get the license info? Or have you done ths already and you hit your 30-day (not 30-hour) limit?

Is there a reason you're not also seeking help in the correct forum here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-and-licensing/ct-p/3001

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

The fact that I even have to visit a "forum" or search for answers to solve a problem with software I have purchased is the problem.  This process is an incredible waste of valuable and preferably billable time.  As for your question, the serial number I want is for a standalone license for which I just renewed the maintenence contract.  I have downloaded the 2015 release and am using it on the "trial" basis now.  I would prefer to activate it but I do not have a new serial number.  Under my subscription info they only give me the 2014 release serial number.  If I'm not entitled to a new release for some reason, then they can simply answer to that effect since I just paid them money for something if at least a response!

Message 14 of 16
pendean

Q: where did you buy it from: Autodesk direct or a reseller/website like Amazon?

Renew? As in you let ie lapse and are not getting back on subscription? That nromally takes more than a couple of days to resolve. If there was a lapse there is a good chance you are logging into the wrong admin page.

But if your subscription was constant and this last week or so was your renewal period then you should have had 2015 presented to you back in April. It should be there, it was for me.

30-hours since your purchase? if you bought it over the weekend it's been my experience it takes through Wednesday/Thursday to get the confirmation email with the details. No sure why, I suspect they still enter/setup everything manually.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

The renewal was purchased directly from Autodesk, from what I can determine.

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

That was helpful, thank you.  Why I could not simply get that info from the source is why I'm frustrated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost