Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter out exessive number of scale options in plot dialog box

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
katie1994
557 Views, 9 Replies

How to filter out exessive number of scale options in plot dialog box

I have recently started working on a project in metric and have a weird (to me) issue when I try to plot. There are literally hundreds, of scale options in the Scale popup, most of which make no sense to me. I know that I need 1:25, or 1:100 to fit on the page I am printing to. How do I remove or filter out all of the others such as 1:100 3_1_1_1_1_1? I don't even know what that notation means.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

SCALELISTEDIT command has a RESET option: if you are using LT2008, there is an external program Autodesk provided to help you tame them through many files instead of just one at a time since in that one version they constantly creep in from other files being inserted or xrefed.

Message 3 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Deans advice on the Utility is the way to go.

Remember that the Blocks you insert may be infected too and need to be cleaned.

Utilities and Drivers

Message 4 of 10
katie1994

I tried typing in SCALELISTEDIT  and got a window telling me "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Index was otside th bounds of the array." None of which makes any sense to me at all. There was also a button marked Details, that provided a list of computer language at the bottom of which was a reference to "JIT debugging is enabled."

I clicked Continue and nothing apparently happened. There is still an enormous list of scale options.

Message 5 of 10
katie1994
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I wish the lovely people answering my questions would provide more details on how to accomplish their recommendations. I went to the Drivers and Utilites page, clicked on the appropriate .exe file, went through th installation screens. Now what? Is there supposed to be an icon on my desktop to click? Do I need to restart? Is there something added to a menu? The Drivers page had no information on what to do either.

But thank you, at least I have a path to follow now.

Message 6 of 10
katie1994

Me again, figured out that there is a Readme link on the Drivers page. Navigated to where I had downloaded the Utility. When I click to run I get a message telling me Acdb17.fll is missing from the program and to reinstall it. Which program? The utility or AutoCad? I checked and the Service Pack 1 has been installed so there are no updates to  my system.

Message 7 of 10
Charles_Shade

I ran the utility a while ago and do not recall the steps it takes to clean the infected files but I think it should ask you for a least a Folder or File to act upon and it may only work with LT 2008 or LT 2009. If yours is a different version then you may be haveing to do this one by one.

If SCALELISTEDIT is not correcting your file internally then you may want to try to WBLOCK this file into a new drawing file and try again. Or there may be a corruption in the program and you may need to think about a Repair Installation.

I downloaded and extracted the File to my desktop which gave me an icon to click and run the utility. This failed at taht point since I do not have a 2008 or 2009 LT software package. But there was a Desktop Icon to click.

LT Version?

One file or all?

Message 8 of 10
katie1994

I found the answer to my original question. When I went looking for how find the Acdb17.dbl file I read through a thread that lead back to the SCALELISTEDIT solution. The author pointed out that you have to add a dash in front of the command and that worked! So type in   -SCALELISTEDIT (note the dash)  and choose Reset from the dropdown list.

Sucess!

Message 9 of 10
pendean

If you cannot run a core command in LT like that, then your LT installation or your DWG file is in bad need of repair. It's not rocket science, we promise 🙂

Back up first, then pop the LT disk in the disk drive and follow the prompts for a repair reinstall of LT.

if the problem is the DWG file, RECOVER command will do the trick usually.

You still managed to keep it a total secret what LT version you are using: reason is...?

Message 10 of 10
katie1994

Sorry, 2008.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost