Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new panel to Home tab

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
katie1994
11552 Views, 9 Replies

How to add new panel to Home tab

So, I have been learning how to customize the CUI. I have gotten as far as adding and arranging commands on the existing panels. Next, I added a new panel and added commands to the new panel. Then I dragged and dropped it onto the Home tab. But no new panel. I seem to have missed a step in getting the new panel recognized as being on the Home tab.

So, once you have created a new panel, is there a command in the CUI to activate the new panel?

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bgingerich
in reply to: katie1994

Click on "Customize Workspace", make sure that the panel in the Home tab is set to display. See screenshot.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 10
katie1994
in reply to: bgingerich

No joy, my CUI shows something different. See the attached file, the new panel is circled in red. This panel doesn't show up in the Customize Workspace panel.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

so where is the tab screenshot?
Message 5 of 10
bgingerich

Just a thought... Expand "Tabs"->"Home - 2D" and make sure you panel is shown in this place.  This is the place the workspace references when it loads tabs; it does not load them per panel, but per tab.  From rereading your first post, it sounds like you dragged you panel on to the actual ribbon "Home" tab and no into the tabs section of the cui. 

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 6 of 10
pendean

My thoughts exactly: it appears the OP is not completing the task of dragging the newly created panel to the TABS section right above the screenshot posted.
Message 7 of 10
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, had to make it a jpg. New panel is circled in red in the left pane.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Look above your red circle: expand the +TABS section, then move your panel to the TAB you want it to appear in.

You're basically only half way to what you want to do, time to finish it, you're not done yet. Simply naming the Panel "home" doesn;t make it appear anywhere, you must actually place it in the tab.
Message 9 of 10
katie1994

OK, that fixed it. I googled the question and looked at 8-10 blogs and how-tos, including Autodesk, and could not find a clear, simple, step-by-step explaination on how to do this.

So, for all the less expert out there this is what worked for me:

1. Go to Tools>Customize>Interface, or on the Ribbon click the Manage tab and choose User Interface.

2. In the Customization in All Files pane (top left pane) expand the Ribbon, then Expand Panels.

3. Right click on Panels and choose New Panel from the menu.

4. Scroll down the Panels list to locate the new panel, should be hightlighted, type in a name, Enter.

5. If you want more than one row in the panel, right click on the name and choose New Row, repeat for as many rows as you need. 

6. In Command List (lower left pane) click on the arrow to select All Commands or whichever set of commands you want to use.

7. Scroll through to locate the command you need, then click and drag it up to a row in the new panel.

8. Watch for a little blue arrow next to the row name and release.

9 Repeat for all the commands you want to add.

10. When done, expand the Tabs list, scroll back down, click on the new panel and drag it up to the Tab you want to add it too. Watch for the little blue arrow and release. 

11. Choose Apply in the bottom right corner of the window, then OK. This closes the CUI and your new panel should appear in the selected Tab.

You can also adjust the size and appearance of commands in the CUI: 

1. In the Ribbon>Panels list in the left pane locate and select the command to be adjusted.

2. In the right side of the CUI go to the Properties pane, if it is not visible click on the double arrow to the right of the word Properties to expand the pane.

3. Expand Apperance if necessary, on the line where it says Button Style click on the text to the right of the title, it will say something like "Small with Text." 

4. Click on the arrow that appears and choose how you want the command to appear from the popup list. (I don't know why this arrow is hidden.)

5. Repeat this for all the commands in your new panel.

6. Click Apply, and OK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost