Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom layers to the Tool Palette - AutoCAD LT 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
!!cid!!
2118 Views, 4 Replies

How to add custom layers to the Tool Palette - AutoCAD LT 2014

I have set-up a DWT file with custom layers for my office. I would also like the layers to be available on a tab in the Tool Palette. I have successfully added networked custom tabs to the Tool palette for text/dim/leader styles, blocks & commands. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to add custom layers.

Can someone share their method for adding layers? I have tried copying the layers from Design Center, but it didn't work for me.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: !!cid!!

You can copy any of the existing tool in your palette, right click above new tool, then choose properties from context menu.

The tricky part is you need to type the macro to create desired layer. 

create_new_layer.png

For this sample, the macro is:

-LAYER;M;NEWLAYER;C;2;;L;DASHED;;LW;0.2;;;

It will create layer named "NEWLAYER", using Yellow (index color no. 2) and lineweight 0.2. 

If you are not familiar with macro, you might want to read about script and macro here:

How to create AutoCAD script (there are information how to get the command for your macro there) and how to create AutoCAD macro (how to create the actual macro).

Optionaly, you can write an AutoLISP program as provided for AIA layers in Cadalyst here.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

No lisp in LT, Edwin.
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: !!cid!!

If it's more thn one layer, simply INSERT a file with all the layers already in it into your active file BUT then cancel before completing the insert function.

Works for blocks, text sryles, dimstyles, block and more that are in that outside file. No need to do much else really, one button on a menu (or palette) does it all.
Message 5 of 5
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: pendean

I apologize. I completely forgot that we are talking about LT. 

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost