Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do turn off annoying messages?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1330 Views, 8 Replies

How do turn off annoying messages?

ifIseethisbleepingdialogonemoretime.PNG

I'm tired of repeatedly seeing messages like this with no option to "Click Here if you don't want to recieve this notification in the future."  How do turn this one off?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think so 😞
Message 3 of 9
Charles_Shade

The EXPERT Variable may take away some other warnings if you wish to seek that out.

Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

None of those suggestions remove that notification.  Besides, I want to be notified about unreconciled layers before plotting.

Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade

Did not mean the OP's nemesis specfically. Help does not list that warning as covered by the Variable anyway.

Was thinking that maybe there were other warnings that may be toilsome as well to the OP.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Sorry, my reply was to Charlie: there is no solution to your answer.
Message 8 of 9
kroushZ32YM

I have the same problem and while searching the "Knowledge Base" I found a post with the following:

Issue:When placing objects on frozen or turned off layers in AutoCAD, the warning dialog box does not appear which indicates that to be the case. Lucky!
Causes:The EXPERT system variable is turned on (we know this won't turn the message off) , and the legacy Layers toolbar is being used to place the objects on the frozen or turned off layers.
Solution:Using either the layer controls on the ribbon or the Properties palette to place the objects will always result in the informational dialog appearing.

This sounds promising to me, but is there a way to access this "legacy layers toolbar" in AutoCAD Lt 2018?
Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: kroushZ32YM

Toolbars are turned on/off in CUI command: explore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost