Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home use

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cyashowitz
219 Views, 3 Replies

Home use

I currently use AutoCAD LT 2006. While attending school an instructor informed the class that if you use AutoCAD software at your work place the license allows you to place it on two computer even with a single user license. One on your desktop at work and one on your home computer. Is this true? Not one of the best questions on here but I'm curious. It would help with some extra work when I get swamped with work, only Product Engineer on my work site.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cyashowitz

They've changed the wording with this version, basically the
company also has to own your home computer or at least have
full ADMIN access to it. They also want you to use the
Portable License option to transfer your license between
machines.
You can read the EULA if you got the time.

It might be easier to ask your company to make your office
PC a laptop you can take home when you need it.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 4
cyashowitz

Well guess that means late hours at work.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

My EULA appears that you can install it on a second computer Excerpt below:

Additional Installation. Except with regard to Educational Institutional, Student and Evaluation Versions only, You may Install and Access a second copy of the Software on the hard disk of a second Computer owned by You or under Your control provided that:
(i) the original and second copies are used only by the same person;
(ii) the second copy is Installed and Accessed only on either (a) with respect to Network Versions, a redundant server that makes the Software available for use only when Your primary server on which the active Software copy is Installed becomes inoperable, or (b) a notebook computer or other non-server computer away from Your usual work location for the purpose of enabling You to perform work while away from Your usual work location;
(iii) only one of the Software copies is Accessed at any one time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost