Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide with solid hatch doesn't work

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
steven-g
1490 Views, 5 Replies

Hide with solid hatch doesn't work

I am using Autocad 2012 LT. Our IT department updated to service pack 2 a couple of days ago.

I work in a joiners shop and use the solid hatch within blocks to create 3D drawings of cabinets, then use attributes within another block to create material lists for production. It needs the solid hatch as that is the only way I have found that will fairly easily allow editing of blocks, but still let me produce various views from around a model by using the HIDE command.

The problem is the HIDE command no longer hides objects behind a solid hatch when the hatch is inside a block that is linked to an attribute. The same block is fine without the attribute.

I have a project at the moment that I need to edit, does anyone know if there is a variable that I need to change. If it is a problem caused by the update I either need to get the update removed or spend nearly a week redrawing the project instead of an hour just to edit a few items.

The attached drawing has 4 blocks to show the problem and is best viewed from an isometric view to see the effect.

My thanks in advance if anyone with service pack 2 would be kind enough to check if this is a problem on their system as well.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: steven-g

Still looking for help here. But just an update, any solid hatch that is refered to in a field loses it's ability to hide objects, by inserting a field into mtext to show the hatches layer for example will kill the hatches ability to hide other objects (except dims - they will hide behind a solid hatch !!! )

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

There are several references to how Text behaves when using the HIDE Command in AutoCAD LT in the Help file.

HIDETEXT Variable may be what you seek.

Review the Text to see if any other item may be the issue.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/search#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-4a...

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you, but that wasn't it.

I have reproduced the problem with a new drawing, creating a standalone (no border) solid hatch and then use the FIELD command selecting the hatch as object and the property layer. Thats it 2 items, and the solid hatch fails to hide.

I have used this method for a long time and have a large library of parts and a number of projects 'live'. I still hope it is a variable that was reset during the update. At the moment the only workaround I have is to have 2 drawings, one with attributes for production, and one where attributes are removed for plotting drawings, which makes editing a pain in the neck.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

If you suspect SP2 to be the cause, remove it then repair reinstall LT2012 from the disk you have.

Message 6 of 6
steven-g

Got it. FIELDEVAL is the culprit. I can only think it is the update that has changed how things work. I have a list of all variables and prior to the update fieldeval was set as 31, after the update it is still 31, but changing it to a value below 16 has solved my misery.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost