AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
madcowscarnival
Message 1 of 1 (177 Views)

Help with exporting contours from ArcGIS 10.0

177 Views, 0 Replies
01-03-2013 01:34 PM

I realize this is not an Arc forum, however, my hope is someone has experience with that program and LT.  I have another topic posted related to this one, from this morning, but the two subjects are significantly different.  A tech at KS Dept of Ag is attempting to export shapefiles in the form of contour lines to send to me.  It works when exporting the shapefiles to a dwg file, though the elevation information is not carried through.  All I get are massive polylines with Z=0.00; labels don't come through either, though I would suspect that they are not present on the ArcGIS file (just in the properties of the shapefile).

Can anyone give me some ideas for exporting from ArcGIS to DWG with elevation data?  I believe she can/will provide the original Arc file as well, but I only have ArcView here (and I don't think it allows the export manipulation of data).

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.