Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with DWF underlay

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
345 Views, 6 Replies

help with DWF underlay

Hi,

I am having a few issues with DWF underlay files. My colleague as provided me with some DWF, not sure if they were orginally created using Autodesk software but when i import them in to a dwg using the insert dwf underlay in Autodesk 2012 electrical all looks ok. The problem is my colleagues is using AutoCAD LT 2008 and when he or i open the dwg using AutoCAD LT all you see is the boundary i.e a outinle of a rectangle. He requires these for his shift tonight so i would really appreciate if anyone has any ideas iwould be very grateful.

I have checked all the obvious things like layers (which on the underlay there are no layers), checked to make sure that view underlay is turned on. I have attched the drawing.

Thanks in Advance.

Adrian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sthompson1021
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Is the underlay in a file that his computer has access too?

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Does LT2008 have DWF underlay abilities? If yes, have them attach the DWF not you.
If no, you just figured out the problem.
Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Matrix from LT 2007-2010 shows DWF Underlay as a Supported feature in LT 2008

Could it be the file being saved in 2010 Format perhaps?

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

My reply would expose two possible problems its either the DWF or just its location.

Message 6 of 7
heinsite
in reply to: pendean

According to Kate at least, LT 2008 supports DWF underlays.

http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/external_references/    (see her Jun 12, 2009 post)

But if it doesn't work, and you're in a hurry, plot the DWF out as a PDF and underlay that!

Whatever works/gets the job done is my motto.  Smiley Tongue

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I am still at a loss as to why LT2008 could not see the underlay, as you have mentioned LT2008 does support this function. I even got my colleague to do the underlay and still had the same issues using LT2008.

It will remian a mystery.......

Rgeards

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost